Kolo Toure [Merged]

banbury_blue said:
Good posts

I'm not putting myself under any illusions of grandior this season, I know that press and critics are talking us up for fourth and beyond this season due to the incredible amounts of money that we have splashed out in the window. However, In my opinion we are coming from further back than a lot of the sides. Yes, last year we were excellent at home, and indeed on our day we could tear most sides apart, but coupled with the woeful away form it became obvious that major improvements were needed.

Hughes has addressed these problems in the way, and targets that he has deemed fit and I (for one) am right behind. The lack of a spearhead forward was glaring at times and now we have brought in Adebayor and RSC for this purpose. aligned with the other attacking qualities that Tevez, Robinho and Bellamy will provide. I think Toure is an excellent signing, in no way "past it" (defenders peaks are later than forwards) and in many Arsenal fans opinions we are taking the best they have at the moment. Add to that the much rumoured Lescott deal and I think we have the makings of a very solid defensive unit from which will provide the platform for our much vaulted midfield and forward lines.

My major worry is that teams normally take time to gel when experiencing such a large influx of players and as such we shouldn't expect to be winning every game by 2-3 goals each week.

My point exactly, I think we will win games we shouldnt have, lose games we shouldnt have and draw games we should have won... It's the City way and untill the players gel then it will be "typical City" in some peoples eyes. I know we hate the term but it really is a "project" and these take time. 6th is a good start and yes shows improvement from previous seasons. The players brought in will no doubt push us forward and improve our away form but how long this will take...? That's why we wanted deals done A.S.A.P. to have time to gel, that has not happened in some cases but I have confidence in the Manager and the boys to get us that 6th spot and possibly higher (possibly though ;-) ).
Like you say a decent debate, enjoying this one but gotta go trafford centre with the rag other half. Have a good day all and catch ya later. Not my fault!

9kz9zn.jpg

Bit off topic this, but had to discuss with you lot. Blue tinted specs off here too.
Having a discussion with a Liverpool fan yesterday and he said that buying Glen Johnson for 17m is better than paying 15m for Kolo. Then an Arsenal fan joined in saying Johnson is better because hes an English International! Whats your verdict here? Oh and the Arsenal fan also said that Almunia is better than Shay, which I actually laughed at.

Manchester_lalala said:
Bit off topic this, but had to discuss with you lot. Blue tinted specs off here too.
Having a discussion with a Liverpool fan yesterday and he said that buying Glen Johnson for 17m is better than paying 15m for Kolo. Then an Arsenal fan joined in saying Johnson is better because hes an English International! Whats your verdict here? Oh and the Arsenal fan also said that Almunia is better than Shay, which I actually laughed at.

I would have thought it would be quite difficult for Toure to be an England international.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.