Kolo Toure [Merged]

Re: Toure

The Fat el Hombre said:
Matty said:
I don't know why you're posting it either.

Essentially you've tried to claim ITK status with the above, but got yourself a nice little get out clause regarding the medical. All you've done is take infor from various media sources, make a "semi prediction" but also covered your back. It's essentially meaningless.

Lol bluemoons version of mark ronson strikes again

quality, like the Ronson reference.

Re: Toure agrees city move [Merged]

Lomas has a lob on said:
wandarah said:
No offense taken here!

I mean, even if you had had a snipe, all's fair innit. Can't come rocking onto another teams board and not expect some banter.
glad you didn't take offence as i didn't intend any! are arsenal linked with any other defenders as a replacement do you no?

Yes, I believe we are linked to 16,982 12 year old French speaking African kids who will be featuring in the next 10,000 reserve teams and will command a transfer fee of 12p, and a half eaten twix.

We will use the £60billion profit from selling them on 6 years later to build a breeding chamber, for our next youth team.

Matty said:
Pollerz said:
Dont know why im posting this can feel the abuse already.

Toure will be signed by wednesday if the medical goes to plan.

that is all.

Essentially you've tried to claim ITK status with the above, but got yourself a nice little get out clause regarding the medical. All you've done is take infor from various media sources, make a "semi prediction" but also covered your back. It's essentially meaningless.
I have to say, i thought exactly the same as soon as i read Pollerz's post. He always extends other people's timeframes by a day or two to ensure the deal happens within his range so he can further claim to be ITK. When in reality, he has just said exactly what other Bluemooners/the media have said. And then if he doesn't sign by Wednesday, he'll just say "oh... err... the medical didn't go as planned." His post is completely pointless.

tom1985 said:
rice10 said:
I think we have a chance dont get me wrong but all this talk of other managers saying we will challenge for titles and some city fans saying 2 cb's and we can challenge i think is to soon. I would love to be wrong though.

what worried me in our friendly on sat was our lack of being able to string 2 passes together and that might pose a problem. Also without Stevie Ireland there was a huge gap between the front and midfield!! if Elano goes and it looks like he will we need another attack minded midfielder. I personally would love us to take a punt on someone like Douglas Costa who would be happy to wait for his chance behind superman!!

I agree with some of what your sayin mate but i wish people would not read to much into the pre season friendly. Thats all it was. When the Blackburn game comes around we will be much stronger, i though our passing game was awesome at times last year and with the new additions i think we will be even better this year with Ade and Roque linking up play to. Just my opinion though!!!

Some good points... I take it you're referring to the Mourinho quote? I must admit that was bloody strange, I don't think even the most ardent and hopeful city fan could think we'd win the prem next season. I do think that we certainly have a good shot next season at the top four and to suggest we should not be aiming for that is wrong imho.

The team will need to gel, and the performance on sat was disappointing in some respects, but we've got plenty of time between now and the start of the season. Barry seems to have settled in well already and Bridge is looking much better with him in the side - both going forward and back.

I think the big thing will be seeing how Robinho, Ireland and Adebayor link up together as starters... then we'll get a real idea of how the supply chain is going to work.

Feck me I'm getting excited now :)

wandarah said:
Lomas has a lob on said:
glad you didn't take offence as i didn't intend any! are arsenal linked with any other defenders as a replacement do you no?

Yes, I believe we are linked to 16,982 12 year old French speaking African kids who will be featuring in the next 10,000 reserve teams and will command a transfer fee of 12p, and a half eaten twix.

We will use the £60billion profit from selling them on 6 years later to build a breeding chamber, for our next youth team.
interesting, sounds like business as usual down at the emirates then! . lol

wandarah said:
Lomas has a lob on said:

PMSL - post of the day! I tip my hat to you good sir...

tom1985 said:
rice10 said:
I think we have a chance dont get me wrong but all this talk of other managers saying we will challenge for titles and some city fans saying 2 cb's and we can challenge i think is to soon. I would love to be wrong though.

what worried me in our friendly on sat was our lack of being able to string 2 passes together and that might pose a problem. Also without Stevie Ireland there was a huge gap between the front and midfield!! if Elano goes and it looks like he will we need another attack minded midfielder. I personally would love us to take a punt on someone like Douglas Costa who would be happy to wait for his chance behind superman!!

I agree with some of what your sayin mate but i wish people would not read to much into the pre season friendly. Thats all it was. When the Blackburn game comes around we will be much stronger, i though our passing game was awesome at times last year and with the new additions i think we will be even better this year with Ade and Roque linking up play to. Just my opinion though!!!

i agree we will be much better this year and also agree that it was only a friendly!! just think as someone else said there is a lot to work on. we seem to at the moment not look great at stringing passes together but im sure that will get better.

With regards to other managers saying we have a chance of top 4 etc. i think that is just to apply more pressure on us. our defence is mid table at the moment midfield top 6 and attack top 4. It is gonna be a very interesting season but if we dont get top 4 and just end up in Europa im not gonna be calling for anyone's head as i think that is realistically where we will finish especially if we dont bring in a few more defenders!!

Tez Tosterone said:
rice10 said:

Wenger himself said that we have a decent chance to break through into the Top 4, just three weeks ago.

However, we will need to see a massive improvement in our build up play. At the moment, in addition to having a poor defence, we have no creative flair at all. This was eveident in the SA friendlies last week. Hughes has a lot of work ahead of him in the next few weeks in co-ordinating this squad. I hope everybody realizes this.

No mate we've got the players - Robbie Tevez and Stevie will provide all the creative flair any team would need, just that hughes and co need to get the best out of them as a team

Tez Tosterone said:
rice10 said:

Wenger himself said that we have a decent chance to break through into the Top 4, just three weeks ago.

However, we will need to see a massive improvement in our build up play. At the moment, in addition to having a poor defence, we have no creative flair at all. This was eveident in the SA friendlies last week. Hughes has a lot of work ahead of him in the next few weeks in co-ordinating this squad. I hope everybody realizes this.
I completely agree. Currently, our pattern of play is woefully predictable and we don't get the ball to our front 3 in good areas often enough. I want to see a bit more inventiveness than just passing the ball sideways or backwards through midfield until it reaches one of the 2 fullbacks, followed by an immediate hoof upfield and the loss of possession.

If Hughes and his staff can coach our players to play in a more productive manner with better positional play and awareness, then we've got half a chance of breaking the top 4. I genuinely believe that. But if he doesn't, it really doesn't make any difference who we have as our front 3 because the set-up of the midfield and more importantly, our pattern of play doesn't allow them to shine. It's down to our management team now. I hope they can pull it off.

Re: Toure

The Fat el Hombre said:
Matty said:

Lol bluemoons version of mark ronson strikes again

Stop me, oh, oh, oh, stop me, Stop me if you think that you've Heard this one before..........

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.