Kolo Toure [Merged]

Re: Toure agrees city move [Merged]

Tricky_Trev said:
Tez Tosterone said:
Wenger himself said that we have a decent chance to break through into the Top 4, just three weeks ago.

However, we will need to see a massive improvement in our build up play. At the moment, in addition to having a poor defence, we have no creative flair at all. This was eveident in the SA friendlies last week. Hughes has a lot of work ahead of him in the next few weeks in co-ordinating this squad. I hope everybody realizes this.
I completely agree. Currently, our pattern of play is woefully predictable and we don't get the ball to our front 3 in good areas often enough. I want to see a bit more inventiveness than just passing the ball sideways or backwards through midfield until it reaches one of the 2 fullbacks, followed by an immediate hoof upfield and the loss of possession.

If Hughes and his staff can coach our players to play in a more productive manner with better positional play and awareness, then we've got half a chance of breaking the top 4. I genuinely believe that. But if he doesn't, it really doesn't make any difference who we have as our front 3 because the set-up of the midfield and more importantly, our pattern of play doesn't allow them to shine. It's down to our management team now. I hope they can pull it off.

I totally agree with this ^

And yes, the Mark Ronson thing was Matty's joke

Re: Toure agrees City move [Merged]

Dont know if its been mentioned already but its on the MEN site now :

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/manchester_city/s/1128130_city_turn_focus_to_toure" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... s_to_toure</a>

They are saying to close to a done deal and couldbe done today. At least as with Eto it is clear we have backup targets and we move quickly to secure them.

alera said:
Dont know if its been mentioned already but its on the MEN site now :

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/manchester_city/s/1128130_city_turn_focus_to_toure" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... s_to_toure</a>

They are saying to close to a done deal and couldbe done today. At least as with Eto it is clear we have backup targets and we move quickly to secure them.

Yep - good to know that the A, B and C list stuff wasn't just talk.

Re: Toure agrees city move [Merged]

The Fat el Hombre said:
Tricky_Trev said:
I completely agree. Currently, our pattern of play is woefully predictable and we don't get the ball to our front 3 in good areas often enough. I want to see a bit more inventiveness than just passing the ball sideways or backwards through midfield until it reaches one of the 2 fullbacks, followed by an immediate hoof upfield and the loss of possession.

If Hughes and his staff can coach our players to play in a more productive manner with better positional play and awareness, then we've got half a chance of breaking the top 4. I genuinely believe that. But if he doesn't, it really doesn't make any difference who we have as our front 3 because the set-up of the midfield and more importantly, our pattern of play doesn't allow them to shine. It's down to our management team now. I hope they can pull it off.

I totally agree with this ^

And yes, the Mark Ronson thing was Matty's joke

As do i, but, we havent yet seen Adebayor, Robbie, Tevez and Stevie play together, so we shouldnt judge now if our creative ability is good or poor. 90% of the time those four will be our main attacking options, too early to judge if it will be enough but short of buying Kaka, not sure how we could improve those four.

I don't understand why you say that it is not certain we will bring any defenders in. We will definitely bring some in, most likely three of them, plus another midfielder I think.

Re: Toure

Matty said:
Pollerz said:
Dont know why im posting this can feel the abuse already.

Toure will be signed by wednesday if the medical goes to plan.

that is all.

I don't know why you're posting it either.

Essentially you've tried to claim ITK status with the above, but got yourself a nice little get out clause regarding the medical. All you've done is take infor from various media sources, make a "semi prediction" but also covered your back. It's essentially meaningless.

there was no media coverage about toure when i posted this last night?

all the media stuffs come out this morning so what youve said is false.

markbmcfc said:
To the tune of 'Valery' by Mark Ronson...

Pollerz said:
Well sometimes, i log on, to Bluemoon; and I wum my fecking tits offfff

lol, just lol.

the thing is that my record proves im not a wum so im happy to take this jibe...

Re: Toure

Pollerz said:
Matty said:
I don't know why you're posting it either.

Essentially you've tried to claim ITK status with the above, but got yourself a nice little get out clause regarding the medical. All you've done is take infor from various media sources, make a "semi prediction" but also covered your back. It's essentially meaningless.

there was no media coverage about toure when i posted this last night?

all the media stuffs come out this morning so what youve said is false.

Twas in the Times yesterday pal, and Happyblue posted on Bluevibe, which was then quoted on here.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.