Kolo Toure [Merged]

Re: Toure agrees City move [Merged]

pee dubyas crayons said:
alera said:
Same here, big improvement on what we have at the moment. That would give us a back 4 of Richards--Toure--Lescott--Bridge with Zabs, Nedum, Upsons and Kompany as cover. Lescott can cover left back as well if needed thats a top 4 defensive line up for sure at least as good as Arsenal and Liverpools defensive pool IMO.

I would play Zab - Upson - Lescott - Bridge with Toure, Richards, Ned, Kompany as cover. But we need a new right back because Zab isn't top 4 material.
I think he is every bit as good as Rafael, Belletti, Boswinga, Arbeloa, Aurellio,

Might not be up there with Clichy, Evra, Glen Johnson and Cashley but he's as good as a few of the top 4's full-backs.

Don't forget it was his first season. I do wish he has a bit more pace but he's a very solid squad player.

I imagine full-backs is something we might look at in January or next summer if they look like they're a weak-spot.

According to FM09 (PMSL!), Darijo Srna is an epic, LB/ RB, LW/ RW, maybe we should go for him?

;-p

Bossman Blue said:
alera said:
So is this happening today or what ?

I am just glad we are getting another defender in, defence has been looking shocking again so far in pre season - all be it weakened and in friendly games. Still last season even without outr new signings we had the best attack outside the top 4 but easily the worst defence in the top 10 - so not hard to see what where ourt problem lie.

We cant go into the season with Ben Haim as backup its almost like he trys to let goals in....

A bit unfair. I know he was poor before he got loaned out but I thought that he had a reasonable game last saturday. You never know he might just show the form he had at Bolton and save us (ADUG ) a few bob.

He was mediocre at best and was a fault for the goal because of a shocking defensive header.

Calling that a defensive header is a bit kind. More like perfect assist !

pls hurry city.. i got tired of waiting.. is today possible??

Blue4ever85 said:
Blue Coop said:
I find it stange how people would rather Upson than Kompany in the starting line up. Kompany is a fantastic defender and would be my captain next season with someone like Lescott or Toure alongside him in the middle. If we only sign one Centre Back, Onouha can fill in until Kompany is fit with Ireland as captain. Imo.

Not very good with the ball at his feet IMO and playing at the back, I think that would lead to a few fuck-ups.

Just a couple of seasons ago VK was in the top 30 defenders in the world(granted at no 30) but his mainstay is at centre half and seeing him ping 60yd balls to the feet of our own players was a joy to watch considering weve had Dunne blundering the ball out of defence for the past 5 yrs.Him,Ned,Lescott and Toure would be a great foursome at centre half.

just check the OS, and nothing new there... wish there'll be one more signing this week..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.