Kolo Toure [Merged]

Re: Toure agrees city move [Merged]

Pam said:
moomba said:
One thing I didn't realise is that Toure only has a year of his contract to go, we could effectively sign him on a pre contract in 6 months time.

Makes me a touch nervous about the price we're willing to pay for him.

We don't care.

I do, I don't want us just to throw money at players until we win something, and I still want us looking for bargains and astute signings.

And I don't see why we should give a rival a helping hand by overpaying for a player. Just gives them the opportunity to be stronger than they were.

moomba said:
Pam said:
We don't care.

I do, I don't want us just to throw money at players until we win something, and I still want us looking for bargains and astute signings.

And I don't see why we should give a rival a helping hand by overpaying for a player. Just gives them the opportunity to be stronger than they were.

Gonna have to correct you there moomba, UEFA/FIFA passed a ruling a couple of years ago that meant that if the player is playing in the same national leage, then you can only speak to them 1 month from the end of their contract.

Toure following Adebayor is a huge psychological blow to Arsenal which will compound their poor mentality in the 07/08 season, self doubt from the start of 08/09 and they don't have many strong minds unlike say Chelsea.

Bluemoon115 said:
Gonna have to correct you there moomba, UEFA/FIFA passed a ruling a couple of years ago that meant that if the player is playing in the same national leage, then you can only speak to them 1 month from the end of their contract.

I wasn't aware of that. Puts a slightly different slant on it, although I still think the rumoured figures are too much for Toure.

moomba said:
Bluemoon115 said:

I wasn't aware of that. Puts a slightly different slant on it, although I still think the rumoured figures are too much for Toure.

Yeh, I wasn't aware until it went against me on FM, thought it was a glitch and then looked into it.

The plus of this is though, that the money goes to AW, who doesn't spend money, so it won't have a huge positive effect on them.

Arsenal have a friendly tonight. They rekon if he's not in the squad, he's off.

Also, apparently he's not in any of the pictures of todays training session ahead of the match.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.