Kolo Toure suspended (MERGED)

Gelsons Dad said:
Want to put money on it? It's a performance enhancer. He will get 9 months.

Sure I bet you £100 he will not and it is not a performance enhancer.

Gelsons Dad said:
Done. When I win you can donate the cash to the charity of Ric's choice.

Agreed. Diet pills are not performance enhancers and are banned as they mask other drugs.

didactic said:
Gelsons Dad said:
Done. When I win you can donate the cash to the charity of Ric's choice.

Agreed. Diet pills are not performance enhancers and are banned as they mask other drugs.
According to Dr Catherine Collins , spokesperson for the British Dietetic Association:
What banned substances are present in weight-loss pills?
Again it depends on the pill - different types are made up of different chemicals. It is most likely Toure failed the test for a stimulant in the pill. There's a group of herbal remedy products available from health shops and some of these contain stimulants such as ephedra or hydroxycitric acid (HCA) which increase your metabolic rate. Ephedra raises your heart rate and energy expenditure so you can eat the same number of calories and lose weight. They can also contain a second stimulant that makes you feel fuller for longer.
'Stimulant' to me would suggest something that can be considered performance enhancing.

I accept that I don't know any of the facts, but I suspect you don't either. Genuine question: Are you more qualified than the rest of us 'armchair doctors' to speculate on what has happened?

Gelsons Dad said:
Want to put money on it? It's a performance enhancer. He will get 9 months.

From the rumoured information that has been released it seems he has taken an OTC 'fat burner' product.These often contain substances,or amounts of such,that puts them on the banned list
However,these are dietary aids/supplements and not classified as performance enhancers.

lionheart said:
You can be sure that Arry would have made a statement supporting his player if he had been at Tottenham. The silence of City management implies that they thought he was probably guilty. That may change when all of the facts are known but the damage to his reputation has already been done. Poor show.

your comments on just about every subject are a permanent poor show

Dubai Blue said:
'Stimulant' to me would suggest something that can be considered performance enhancing.

I accept that I don't know any of the facts, but I suspect you don't either. Genuine question: Are you more qualified than the rest of us 'armchair doctors' to speculate on what has happened?

I used the term because of the incorrect description being made regarding what a dietary supliment is. I am not a doctor but have a few in the family and have been training since I was 15 (gym). Even though I do not take them I know a number of lads on steriods and what is needed to mask these and certain diet pills fall under that category. They do not enhance performance but mask the chemicals the body produces when steriods and/or other performance enhancers are taken. This is the reason they are banned in professional sport. It does have ever require large doses for this to be successful and tests can determine how much one has injested.

johnny crossan said:
lionheart said:
You can be sure that Arry would have made a statement supporting his player if he had been at Tottenham. The silence of City management implies that they thought he was probably guilty. That may change when all of the facts are known but the damage to his reputation has already been done. Poor show.

your comments on just about every subject are a permanent poor show

You are an extremely polite and well manned debater JC.

I admire that.

Most others on here would just have called him a "cock".

Yes, I think that's the term in vogue at the current time.

didactic said:
Dubai Blue said:

I used the term because of the incorrect description being made regarding what a dietary supliment is. I am not a doctor but have a few in the family and have been training since I was 15 (gym). Even though I do not take them I know a number of lads on steriods and what is needed to mask these and certain diet pills fall under that category. They do not enhance performance but mask the chemicals the body produces when steriods and/or other performance enhancers are taken. This is the reason they are banned in professional sport. It does have ever require large doses for this to be successful and tests can determine how much one has injested.
Fair enough. None of us actually know what prohibited substance he has taken, so we can only speculate at this point. I do fear a Paddy Kenny-type ban though as both innocently took something that turned out to contain a prohibited substance, regardless of the reason why that particular substance happens to be banned. It's a shame but he's been extremely silly and he'll most likely pay a hefty price for it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.