Kolo Toure suspended (MERGED)

Dubai Blue said:
Fair enough. None of us actually know what prohibited substance he has taken, so we can only speculate at this point. I do fear a Paddy Kenny-type ban though as both innocently took something that turned out to contain a prohibited substance, regardless of the reason why that particular substance happens to be banned. It's a shame but he's been extremely silly and he'll most likely pay a hefty price for it.

School boy error indeed. Its a shame you have glittering career and one dumb decision and it will probably be during the season we win a cup after so long. I dont know the laws if one is suspended will he receive a cup medal?

At the end of the day Kolo has been at best naive and at worst grossly negligent. No professional sportsmen should even consider taking anything without knowing exactly what they are taking. He has put his career and the teams chances of success in serious jeopardy. It defies belief really when defensively we´re already streched for numbers. I pray for leniency in this matter when the facts are uncovered

Lets be honest....he will get suspended, the pills he used will enhance his performance as he will lose weight. Thats not the point, when you are fighting a case like this which you wont win anyway....you attack first and make sure he gets as much sympathy as possible. being all quite and think thinks will turn allright is piss poor imo

gooney said:
Lets be honest....he will get suspended, the pills he used will enhance his performance as he will lose weight. Thats not the point, when you are fighting a case like this which you wont win anyway....you attack first and make sure he gets as much sympathy as possible. being all quite and think thinks will turn allright is piss poor imo

YOU attack first. We have an international image to develop and so will not be seen to interfere or attempt to influence WADA. The sporting integrity of the club is more important than any individual.

Gelsons Dad said:
gooney said:

YOU attack first. We have an international image to develop and so will not be seen to interfere or attempt to influence WADA. The sporting integrity of the club is more important than any individual.
Yep - no need for us to join the Ferguscum/Whinger school of bullying
Let things take their proper course - end of

Gelsons Dad said:
didactic said:
I love all the couch lawyers and doctors in this thread. Now everyone is a professional on medicine and the laws regarding banned substances.

It is not banned because it is considered performance enhancing, it is banned because in LARGE doses it can mask performance enhancing drugs. This is why a second test and the confession actually work in his favour as all need to do is test the diet pills his wife has. Anything longer than a month will be harsh. Lets not get carried away here and just wait for them to reveal the results and decisions.

Want to put money on it? It's a performance enhancer. He will get 9 months.

I'll take that bet. It will not be 9 months.

City & Kolo

Do you not think it is time to get behind the player and come out with a statement?

Surly it will have an effect on the game today the players need to feel they can rely on the club to come to their defence we all know he didn't take it to get better performance.

Just seems a little cloak and dagger stuff, even if its just to say "we are working with kolo and hope we can resolve this matter.

Its not been said yet but with out the press conference this week for the wigan game its only a matter of time till the press start to come after the club saying we don't back our players.

Re: City & Kolo

Markie07 said:
Do you not think it is time to get behind the player and come out with a statement?

Surly it will have an effect on the game today the players need to feel they can rely on the club to come to their defence we all know he didn't take it to get better performance.

Just seems a little cloak and dagger stuff, even if its just to say "we are working with kolo and hope we can resolve this matter.

Its not been said yet but with out the press conference this week for the wigan game its only a matter of time till the press start to come after the club saying we don't back our players.

They've only to see the Nige and Hatem Ben Arfa fallout to see that MCFC do back their players. They won't want to see it 'cos it'll spoil the story. But we know and that's all that matters.

I hope City fans show their support for the player today.

There's only one Kolo Toure!

All in good time.

Gather the evidence and present the case. The club can't afford to go off half-cocked.

I appreciated Wenger getting involved - he can be seen as an authoritative, independent observer. We are not currently in a position to make such statements.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.