Kolo Toure suspended (MERGED)

Re: City & Kolo

"Manchester City can confirm that Kolo Toure is a top lad and probably didn't do any hard drugs or take performance-enhancing drugs. We think his wife mistakenly gave him some dietary supplements that contained a trace of banned substance.

Manchester City are fully backing Kolo Toure and will support the player whatever the outcome...unless by some small chance he did accidentally mistake Yaya's cocaine stash for sugar, in which case he will be disciplined as appropriate."

Be careful what you wish for and let the club play it professionally.

he knows his fitness was way off so he cheated, diet pills instead of hard graft. no sympathy.

if the club feel the need to support and back him, they will have been doing this all week. they will be aware of how to handle this publicly and may not be in a position to release a supportive statement just to appease some fans who know nothing about the situation.

How fat is his wife?

The one photo i can find on Google Images (assumings it is she!) shows the diet pill excuse may just be on the right track...

(If you read these pages, no offence intended Mrs Toure!)

gooney said:
Lets be honest....he will get suspended, the pills he used will enhance his performance as he will lose weight. Thats not the point, when you are fighting a case like this which you wont win anyway....you attack first and make sure he gets as much sympathy as possible. being all quite and think thinks will turn allright is piss poor imo
I doubt we'll be 'fighting the case to win', and if we were then you'd have to say Wenger's comments would have thrown a huge spanner in the works, I don't think that's the case. We'll be seeking to mitigate, in which case the club and Kolo keeping schtum is exactly the right thing to do as going to the press is hardly going endear us or him to the authorities while, as he's not directly involved, Wenger's comments will probably do no harm and may have been given our club's blessing.

Gunner here. A quick visit to any of our forums and you will see that we are backing Kolo's character. Maybe we are just picking up from Wenger's comments, but he was a good professional for us. Must be an honest mistake from him. There is just too much stuff out there that have illegal substances for professional athletes. I wonder, is lucozade boost acceptable? it does give one a boost, doesn't it? Players seem to drink it during games.

Van Persie tweets on Toure:
My feelings today goes out to my friend Kolo Toure! he is a amazing honest sportsman and great guy! he never took anything bad!

I stand right behind him and i hope that he will play asap cos he is 1 of those guys who make the prem L the best 1 in the world!!!!!

Good to see Gunners posting best wishes to Toure. He's not killed anybody, just guilty of a silly mistake.

Hopefully the FA will see it for what it is!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.