Kompany (do we need to find a replacement? )

He's someone I've always said we should be looking at (Van Dijk). You don't have to go after the wonder kids & team of the season players each year, this guy looks the part each time I see him play - confident on the ball & a bit of a monster as a defender.

Seems to be getting a bit more recognition this year, be surprised if he stays at Southampton for long.

He is taking Injuries from challenges he would have walked through a few seasons ago though..

The latest injury is a freak. Nothing to do with his previous injuries. When Claudio clattered him I saw his leg buckle and he fell on it. Much the same as KDB last season. Same happened to me when I was playing... 6-8 weeks out I reckon/hope. VK is our most successful captain ever. Let's not throw the towel in. I'd like him to stay at the club long after he hangs up his boots. Some of the comments I've read, particularly on Twitter are disgusting considering what we've achieved with him as captain.

It's a little bit weird that he was able to play on if he had both concussion and a medial ligament injury though from that one incident?

When he's walked off the field before for being tired?

I want to believe, but...

The injuries ARE all related. Every time he gets injured nd has to recover, he puts more unneccesary strain on his muscles. Knee injuries, for exakple, are hugely detrimental to your thigh and calf. He keeps breaking down because his body cant take the stress.

I get the sentiment about over compensating and maintaining muscle strength is key to the recovery but meniscal injuries give rise to bones conditions such as shin splints due to increased stress on the bone rather than muscle injuries.
Agreed, from experience though (I've had my right meniscus removed due to heavy damage) the resulting shin splints and pain in the lower knee put overdue pressure on the calf and adductor.

He's someone I've always said we should be looking at (Van Dijk). You don't have to go after the wonder kids & team of the season players each year, this guy looks the part each time I see him play - confident on the ball & a bit of a monster as a defender.

Seems to be getting a bit more recognition this year, be surprised if he stays at Southampton for long.
I've always had an irrational hatred of Van Dijk. I think it can only be because he plays very well against us.

The injuries ARE all related. Every time he gets injured nd has to recover, he puts more unneccesary strain on his muscles. Knee injuries, for exakple, are hugely detrimental to your thigh and calf. He keeps breaking down because his body cant take the stress.
To be fair whilst his other injuries are related, the way he fell could have happened to anyone. The way he landed had nothing to do with his muscles.

To be fair whilst his other injuries are related, the way he fell could have happened to anyone. The way he landed had nothing to do with his muscles.

Yes but I think the implication of his comment is that this recovery is going to stress the muscles that ARE regular problems making him more likely to get injured upon his return.

Time to find out what Laporte's price is. Everyone has one.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.