Kompany (do we need to find a replacement? )

I think it's been coming for a while,tbf pep did try to get Laporte and Bonnuci in the summer with no luck,hope he has others in his sights
I don't want this to be the end for vinny but i honestly don't know how much more he can mentally take with all this

He must be close to despair with all the problems he has endured. Such a shame for him to have suffered an injury like the latest , you see those collisions week in week out with players escaping without serious injuries.

If this is true we need a centre half who is already playing in the prem, maybe a cheeky bid for one either Alderweireld or Koscielny??
I doubt Spurs or Arsenal would be willing to sell. Hard to get anyone of the standard we'd be looking for in january. Clubs won't want to sell in mid season.

According to the Grauniad, "the knee ligament damage the captain suffered when colliding with Claudio Bravo, his goalkeeper, in Saturday’s win at Crystal Palace was the 35th separate problem in his eight years at the club"

Staggering if true. It's not his fault of course and we've been right to stand by him, but at the end of the day he's been paid what, £120k a week? We can't carry on like this.

He's luckless but there's nothing I want other than to see Vinnie see out his playing days at City. Hes 30 with not as many miles on the clock as some. Let's see the positives. He'll be back at the turn of the year with games coming thick and fast so he'll get his chance and fingers crossed he can put the nightmare of the last 2 Years behind him.

I really don't see Vinnie making much of a come back now, he must be soul destroyed at it. Even when he does get fit, there is so much uncertainty around when he will break down again, its doing no one any good
But he didn't "break down" he got a completely new injury caused by a bad fall after a collision with his own keeper, that's bad luck, and I'm sure he'll see it that way.

If it was his calf again then I could see the "break down" argument, let him get over it and see what happens, ironically the new injury might actually help, as he will be further resting the long troubling calf injury.

Oh and 4-6 weeks seems a lot more positive than pre BMG, when it was being quoted as "months", so some good news for him.

I doubt Spurs or Arsenal would be willing to sell. Hard to get anyone of the standard we'd be looking for in january. Clubs won't want to sell in mid season.

I don't see why any of the Top 5/6 clubs in the PL would transfer a first team player between them. All of them have equal chance of silverware and provide top wages.

I don't see why any of the Top 5/6 clubs in the PL would transfer a first team player between them. All of them have equal chance of silverware and provide top wages.
raheem-sterling-manchester-city-goal-celeb-borussia-monchengladbach-champions_3386306.jpg

How do Arsenal, Liverpool and Tottenham have an equal chance of silverware to City, Chelsea and United?

In the last 10 years Liverpool have won one major honour, the League Cup.

In the last 10 years Tottenham have won one major honour, the League Cup.

In the last 10 years Arsenal have won two major honours, both being the FA Cup.

In the last 5 years City have won the Premier League twice, an FA Cup and two League Cups.

And Tottenham and Arsenal both have really absurd wage structures, no chance they can pay a player £200,000 a week.

Last edited:
raheem-sterling-manchester-city-goal-celeb-borussia-monchengladbach-champions_3386306.jpg

How do Arsenal, Liverpool and Tottenham have an equal chance of silverware to City, Chelsea and United?

In the last 10 years Liverpool have won one major honour, the League Cup.

In the last 10 years Tottenham have won one major honour, the League Cup.

In the last 10 years Arsenal have won two major honours, both being the FA Cup.

In the last 5 years City have won the Premier League twice, an FA Cup and two League Cups.

And Tottenham and Arsenal both have really absurd wage structures, no chance they can pay a player £200,000 a week.

Not sure what looking back 10 years is trying to prove. The clubs mentioned have upped the anti (certainly Ares & Dippers) and as the poster says, these clubs have as good a chance this season

Have heard that the young lad at Sunderland is a fine prospect. Jason Denayer I think his name is.
Oh wait.....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.