Kompany red card and appeal SUCCESSFUL

bert's broken neck said:
What about that fat twat Dowd calling out "Scholesy" to give him the yellow!

Talk about getting over familiar - no wonder he gave 'em another soft pen, fortunately (although it didn't matter too much in the end) mr carpethead missed!

This overfamiliarity is everywhere.
''Scholesy, get over there and thank those fans, they've travelled all the way from Bournemouth and exeter to watch you.''

People don't really think that "tackle", last night, was worthy of a red card, do they?

A definite foul and a definite yellow card. I wouldn't say it was worth a red, though.

sjk2008 said:
People don't really think that "tackle", last night, was worthy of a red card, do they?

A definite foul and a definite yellow card. I wouldn't say it was worth a red, though.
Seen them given, look where it connects on the ankle of the standing leg. A definite leg breakers. Definite excessive force. Definite intention to hurt.

oakiecokie said:
Berkovic_blue said:
1358373198164.gif

I eagerly await the forthcoming Mail articles and twitter meltdowns from outraged journalists

Now for me,that is done with intent.No chance of him getting to the ball before the Hammers lad.Fucking disgraceful challenge.

fuck me that is an absolutely horrible challenge,

SWP's back said:
sjk2008 said:

Seen them given, look where it connects on the ankle of the standing leg. A definite leg breakers. Definite excessive force. Definite intention to hurt.

I guess we'll have to disagree. Definitely a foul, and definitely intended to bring him down in order to stop the potential of a counter attack. I just don't believe it was a leg-breaker as it was only his trailing leg that floored him. Had he hit him with his leading, right leg, I'd have more inclined to believe a straight red to be worthy.

I think this is more a case of it being "Scholes", than anything else and I do agree that this tiresome "typical Scholesy tackle" line that keeps getting trotted out, is just bollocks.

Blue Mist said:
ForzaMancini said:
It's okay because when Scholes tries breaking peoples legs its not because he is a dirty player like Kompany apparently is, but because he just can't tackle. Oh, little lovable Scholes.

Yes and as they say that scholes can't tackle they do a girly giggle as though that makes it alright. Bastards. (I didnt bother watching the match but I dont suppose he got booked ?)

he was booked and the ref was laughing about it.

Booking or sending off is something that could be discussed, I've seen both for such tackles but it baffles me that you think that is not potential leg breaker.

Just look at the force, where he caught him and what was the position of West Ham player leg when it happened. If that leg didn't move and amortized the hit with movement for part of the second more, it's gone.

And as much as I'm not sure it's straight red in normal circumstances if Scholes was getting reds for such horrible and exaggerated force tackles earlier in his career he wouldn't make them on the end of it. It's just not needed and pretty savage tackle, he can bring him down and stop counter attack with some professional foul but he is freak enough to do it like this, and to do it last 20 years without being punished a bit of what he should be.

If last Kompany red card was not rescinded he would get them on regular basis as he would be branded as player with dangerous two leg tackles so refs would send him off whenever it looks like that.

Scholes has enough history of tackles like this one to be sent of for running on the pitch only but he still, 20 years after, needs to make 2-3 similar tackles to get booked, one more later to be subbed and saved from red one.

sjk2008 said:
SWP's back said:
sjk2008 said:

I guess we'll have to disagree. Definitely a foul, and definitely intended to bring him down in order to stop the potential of a counter attack. I just don't believe it was a leg-breaker as it was only his trailing leg that floored him. Had he hit him with his leading, right leg, I'd have more inclined to believe a straight red to be worthy.

I think this is more a case of it being "Scholes", than anything else and I do agree that this tiresome "typical Scholesy tackle" line that keeps getting trotted out, is just bollocks.

a week late, nowhere near the ball, no intention of playing the ball, over aggressive and dangerous. The lad was lucky to not pick up a bad injury. All in front of the ref. Red all day for me.

sjk2008 said:

There's a very strong case for a red. Looks out of control and excessive force considering he's taken a run up to do it. Doesn't even look at the ball until he's caught the man.

stonerblue said:
sjk2008 said:
SWP's back said:

a week late, nowhere near the ball, no intention of playing the ball, over aggressive and dangerous. The lad was lucky to not pick up a bad injury. All in front of the ref. Red all day for me.

Tbh, I'm only going off seeing it live, yesterday, and that was my first impression.

I wouldn't be too impressed if I saw one of my Oldham players being sent off for it, put it that way, despite it not being the best tackle in the world.

If there's GIF's in this thread, our work system doesn't allow me to see them on here, so I might change my view if I see it again tonight.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.