Kondogbia

Swap fernando for him and 15 Mill

Mention a new name and suddenly we should buy them.WE have to be very carefull and sign top notch players only.

Yeah i know, is Kondogbia really top notch as well? As soon as we are linked with a bruiser standing around 6ft plus who is built like a brick shithouse, fans seem to get completely sucked in and think that is the answer. The way i think when City go for a player is... if he is not good enough for Barca, Bayern and Real, then he is not good enough for us. Gundogan is being chased by Bayern and Barca and in my opinion, he is more the sort of player i would go for, a footballer who has the intelligence to make it at the highest level. I would even rather take Xhaka over Kondogbia, like i said Kondogbia is a bruiser with not the best football brain. Xhaka combines physical attributes with technical ability and i feel he would be much more adaptable in our side.

If Utd get a player like Gundogan and we get Kondogbia, lets just see where they end up and where we end up.

Yeah i know, is Kondogbia really top notch as well? As soon as we are linked with a bruiser standing around 6ft plus who is built like a brick shithouse, fans seem to get completely sucked in and think that is the answer. The way i think when City go for a player is... if he is not good enough for Barca, Bayern and Real, then he is not good enough for us. Gundogan is being chased by Bayern and Barca and in my opinion, he is more the sort of player i would go for, a footballer who has the intelligence to make it at the highest level. I would even rather take Xhaka over Kondogbia, like i said Kondogbia is a bruiser with not the best football brain. Xhaka combines physical attributes with technical ability and i feel he would be much more adaptable in our side.

If Utd get a player like Gundogan and we get Kondogbia, lets just see where they end up and where we end up.

So dramatic. First things first those two signings would not be the cause of us finishing below the rags even if we did. Also dominating defensive midfielders are in almost every top team... Chelsea has matic, barca has busquets, real had khedira, bayern has schweinstager... Is kondogbia at that level? Not yet, but he's young and promising meaning now is the time to buy him otherwise he could have one more great season and we start looking at his price increasing exponentially...

Gundogan is exceptional. He's had a long term injury so everyone seemed to forget about him but he is better than Pogba and Verrati imo and miles better than Kondogbia.

@TheManCityWay: ESPN: City have officially made contact with Monaco for Geoffrey Kondogbia

Thanks for posting this mate......if reports are true that we've contacted the clubs for Kondogbia and Sterling and interest is serious...it would be a very solid start to the transfer window...If those 2 came in, you think we'd still show interest in Pogba? Kondogbia would seem to be a more defensive midfield type role...and a direct knock against Fernando.......maybe City saw what us fans saw last season and that is Fernando just isn't good enough for what we need?

Thanks for posting this mate......if reports are true that we've contacted the clubs for Kondogbia and Sterling and interest is serious...it would be a very solid start to the transfer window...If those 2 came in, you think we'd still show interest in Pogba? Kondogbia would seem to be a more defensive midfield type role...and a direct knock against Fernando.......maybe City saw what us fans saw last season and that is Fernando just isn't good enough for what we need?
Fernando wasn't what we bought really.. Kondogbia could be a option to Pogba or just a "cheap" addition imo. Kondogbias box to box aura will help ferna relieve the pressure off Yaya and let him thrive more. If we want to keep Yaya then we have to really make him the best type and give him up more in the field.

Fernando wasn't what we bought really.. Kondogbia could be a option to Pogba or just a "cheap" addition imo. Kondogbias box to box aura will help ferna relieve the pressure off Yaya and let him thrive more. If we want to keep Yaya then we have to really make him the best type and give him up more in the field.

cheers mate...I'm guessing this signing would allow Yaya to sit a little more forward next season and have less defensive responsibilities....Sterling and Kondogbia would both fill big needs.. young, talented players.....If this happened and Yaya stayed...not sure they would go after Pogba as well....Maybe the Pogba-Barcelona rumours are true and City on to plan B...

cheers mate...I'm guessing this signing would allow Yaya to sit a little more forward next season and have less defensive responsibilities....Sterling and Kondogbia would both fill big needs.. young, talented players.....If this happened and Yaya stayed...not sure they would go after Pogba as well....Maybe the Pogba-Barcelona rumours are true and City on to plan B...
Id like both Kondogbia and pogba... Naive dream that...

We haven’t made contact with Monaco for Kondogbia. I’ve watched this story over the last few days get twisted from paper to paper.
Basically, we would have spoke to his agent a few months ago... We would have spoken to lots of players agents. That’s normal. When you speak to a players agent it isn’t always about signing the player but that’s for another topic.
Back to the Kondogbia stories anyway, his agent clearly wants to get his client a move or test the waters and see if there is interest for him. He will have just done an agents obvious trick and use our name to get it in the press.
I bet now Yaya is staying we don’t buy him. It would have been just seeing what Kondogbias status was in case Yaya left of other possible scenarios.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.