Kondogbia

I just do not agree with your assertion that unless any player we move for is being approached by Real, Barca or Munich they are below par. Those three cant sign everybody.

You suggested the assertion, not me.

I think he is good, don't get me wrong, but will he be good enough for us to challenge Chelsea and the rest of Europe? I am not so sure.

Not a wow type of signing if we make it but a necessary one with the number of players we have that leave the back door open when they push up.
My only question is why didn't we get him from Sevilla 2 years ago? It was obvious that he'd make a fine player for us. We let Monaco take him for similar money to what we'll have to pay now and we've since bought an inferior player for the same role.

cheers mate...I'm guessing this signing would allow Yaya to sit a little more forward next season and have less defensive responsibilities....Sterling and Kondogbia would both fill big needs.. young, talented players.....If this happened and Yaya stayed...not sure they would go after Pogba as well....Maybe the Pogba-Barcelona rumours are true and City on to plan B...
Don't think we would need Yaya then. two box-2-boxers with Fernandinho and Kondogbia int he CM zone would be perfect in both atack and deffence in that case and SIlva/De Bruyne/Iheanacho as a playmaker, 2nd striker, inside, or whatsoever. Yaya won't fit us in any of these roles. Moreover, he's old, lazy and is moaning a lot. If he can't play a CM and we would be able to buy Kondogbia and/or Pogba [then classical 1 dm 1 cm tactic for me with Jeffry and Ferna fighting gor the spot], then we don't need Toure anymore. Thanks for everything and goodbye

Last edited:
Don't think we would need Yaya then. two box-2-boxers with Fernandinho and Kondogbia int he CM zone would be perfect in both atack and deffence in that case and SIlva/De Bruyne/Iheanacho as a playmaker, 2nd striker, inside, or whatsoever. Yaya won't fit us in any of these roles. Moreover, he's old, lazy and is moaning a lot. If he can't play a CM and we would be able to buy Kondogbia and/or Pogba [then classical 1 dm 1 cm tactic for me with Jeffry and Ferna fighting gor the spot], then we don't need Toure anymore. Thanks for everything and goodbye

How can you disregard a player of that class?

We are a much weaker side without Yaya than with Yaya. Its as simple as that.

Kondogbia is not fit enough to lace Yaya's boots and never will be for that matter.

How can you disregard a player of that class?

We are a much weaker side without Yaya than with Yaya. Its as simple as that.

Kondogbia is not fit enough to lace Yaya's boots and never will be for that matter.
I didn't say that Kondogbia would fully substitute Yaya for us immidiately, but he actually could. And even if he won't do it at all, a pair of DInho-Kindogbiain central midfield is already great and better than with Yaya who is usualy lazy. Fernandinho would shine more then. I don't see why play Yaya above 2 other central midfielders if we can have atacking midfielders there who would be much more useful there.

I didn't say that Kondogbia would fully substitute Yaya for us immidiately, but he actually could. And even if he won't do it at all, a pair of DInho-Kindogbiain central midfield is already great and better than with Yaya who is usualy lazy. Fernandinho would shine more then. I don't see why play Yaya above 2 other central midfielders if we can have atacking midfielders there who would be much more useful there.

Whether Yaya may be lazy or not, Kondogbia will never have the same ability that Yaya posseses. Yaya can burst through a defence and score goals and he can dictate a game from start to finish with his excellent passing and vision. Yaya won us that title the season before and he was instrumental in winning us the title under Mancini. Kondogbia will never ever carry us to titles like Yaya has done, whether he is more tactically astute or not. Why disgregard one of the greatest players thats ever played for City? I can guarentee you that when Yaya leaves, we will feel his loss a lot more than you think. He has been a genuine world class player for us. Why not keep Yaya and bring in another central midfielder, Yaya can play further forward in a more CAM role. Thats where he is more effective.

Whether Yaya may be lazy or not, Kondogbia will never have the same ability that Yaya posseses. Yaya can burst through a defence and score goals and he can dictate a game from start to finish with his excellent passing and vision. Yaya won us that title the season before and he was instrumental in winning us the title under Mancini. Kondogbia will never ever carry us to titles like Yaya has done, whether he is more tactically astute or not. Why disgregard one of the greatest players thats ever played for City? I can guarentee you that when Yaya leaves, we will feel his loss a lot more than you think. He has been a genuine world class player for us. Why not keep Yaya and bring in another central midfielder, Yaya can play further forward in a more CAM role. Thats where he is more effective.
I've seen Jeffry in those CL matches vs Arsenal and Juve and he showed a lot from Yaya's repertory with his physical tackles, runs and shots. It was a bit raw but only a bit and I persume he'll improve, expecially in a team like ours.

I'd like Toure to stay if we would be able to buy only Pogba or only Kondogbia to that position.
I remember Yaya being impressive and very effective as a box-to boxer just 3 years ago, he could help the defenders, tackle the ball and then run with it to the other end of the field, dribble and score, but is it the case now? is he still as good? No. Is he as motivated to... even play? No. Then why keep an unmotivated aged player on his way off when we could buy 2 more proper talented players for his position?

Yaya isn't as good at CAM position, he could be at times, but it happens rarely. Remember this season, he couldn't do anything playing CAM most of the time... Surely we need somebody who is 'fluent' at this position. And, obviously, we basically need somebody younger.

Ah,.. and he left no good memories in Sevilla...

The fans say there indeed, that a year ago he paid himself the clause to quit from Sevilla, so that he could go to sign for Monaco...

And he was byside also in talks with Real Madrid in 2014, before he finally made himself on the road to Monaco. He decided not to take the Madrid offer, because it was some risk involved (maybe not enough playtime given).... but, beyond that, Madrid would be again interessed on him....

www.mercafutbol.com/el-agente-de-kondogbia-confirma-el-interes-del-real-madrid/

I've seen Jeffry in those CL matches vs Arsenal and Juve and he showed a lot from Yaya's repertory with his physical tackles, runs and shots. It was a bit raw but only a bit and I persume he'll improve, expecially in a team like ours.

I'd like Toure to stay if we would be able to buy only Pogba or only Kondogbia to that position.
I remember Yaya being impressive and very effective as a box-to boxer just 3 years ago, he could help the defenders, tackle the ball and then run with it to the other end of the field, dribble and score, but is it the case now? is he still as good? No. Is he as motivated to... even play? No. Then why keep an unmotivated aged player on his way off when we could buy 2 more proper talented players for his position?

Yaya isn't as good at CAM position, he could be at times, but it happens rarely. Remember this season, he couldn't do anything playing CAM most of the time... Surely we need somebody who is 'fluent' at this position. And, obviously, we basically need somebody younger.

Wasn't he one of the top 3 players in the league the season before? That was only a year ago.

The only reason why he did not reach the heights of what he achieved the season before is because he had his heart set on leaving, his attitude changed on and off the field. If we can get better players around him, we can no doubt rejuvenate him back to the player we saw the season before. Sheikh Mansour demonstrated to him that he values him very high at the football club, i am prepared for him to stay and kick on this summer with him as one of our main players in the team.

Yaya Toure is an absolutely fantastic player and i would hate to see him leave this season. Like i have stated, we would be much worse without him, much worse.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.