Kyle Walker newspaper story

The problem isn't nudity, it's nudity in a public place where the nudity will be seen by people who haven't opted in to seeing it.

If you go to a nudist beach or a life drawing class or a sex club then you know that there will be exposed genitals and in deciding to go to that place, you're agreeing that you'll probably see some genitals. You've made that decision and you're not going to be offended by what you see.

In a public place where there's no indication that genitals will be on display, surprise, unsolicited genitals can be offensive or distressing.

There is also the context here of the history of men exposing themselves as a tactic to intimidate women. Whether it's sending unsolicited dick pics, having a wank in the park at walking-home-from-school time, any number of other incidents of these sorts...there's a nasty undercurrent of power play and intimidation in enough of these flashing incidents for it always to be a seedy and distasteful thing to do, even if it's not intended to cause distress.

When I was 18, I was sat in a takeaway with a friend, eating chips at the end of a night out, and a bloke walked over to us, flopped his dick out and placed it on our table. Should we have been okay with that? Was it "Victorian" of us to not be? Were the takeaway owners wrong to kick him out?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Sounds like you've deliberately ignored the part where I pointed out it's an entirely different proposition if accompanied by sexual language and behaviour, or in a confined space which as far as we know Walker's didn't.
Women have had to put up with these fucking sex pests flashing at them , surprised you dont take that seriously , look at it from a females point of view rather than stick up for a stupid man

The problem isn't nudity, it's nudity in a public place where the nudity will be seen by people who haven't opted in to seeing it.

If you go to a nudist beach or a life drawing class or a sex club then you know that there will be exposed genitals and in deciding to go to that place, you're agreeing that you'll probably see some genitals. You've made that decision and you're not going to be offended by what you see.

In a public place where there's no indication that genitals will be on display, surprise, unsolicited genitals can be offensive or distressing.

There is also the context here of the history of men exposing themselves as a tactic to intimidate women. Whether it's sending unsolicited dick pics, having a wank in the park at walking-home-from-school time, any number of other incidents of these sorts...there's a nasty undercurrent of power play and intimidation in enough of these flashing incidents for it always to be a seedy and distasteful thing to do, even if it's not intended to cause distress.

When I was 18, I was sat in a takeaway with a friend, eating chips at the end of a night out, and a bloke walked over to us, flopped his dick out and placed it on our table. Should we have been okay with that? Was it "Victorian" of us to not be? Were the takeaway owners wrong to kick him out?

There are definitely points I agree with and I don't think anyone here has said Kyle isn't an idiot for doing it but everything has context.

You don't know how many people saw it, if anyone saw it or the impact it had on anyone who did. That's why he's a moron.

But it's not a black and white thing. I don't ask to see a load of wrinkly old tits and dicks flapping about when that group of nudists cycle down Oxford Road every year (10th of June, be there or be square) and I don't imagine others do either. As long as they're not stroking themselves off when they do it then it's all gravy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.