Kyle Walker

Status
Not open for further replies.
That would be just about double the world record for a RB. What a twat Levy is
So would you not want Khaldoon to do the same if we were selling say, Aguero? To get the highest fee possible? It's not his fault we're mugs.

If we can get Mendy for a decent fee - hopefully under £40m - then we should be able to negotiate a decent fee for Walker.

Mendy is a French league title winner, Champions League semi-finalist, in a team that I think beat Spurs home and away last season, and a French international. If he goes for around £40m or so, Levy has no chance getting £60m for Walker I believe.

The key will be whether or not Walker is willing to push the move through.

Pretty safe to say that there is zero chance that Spurs would sell Walker or any of their best players to Chelsea. Sissoko, on the other hand......

It's all guesswork - the £40m figure included. But the basic idea (of raising the price after weeks of talks) is actually classic Levy.

Merely doing what he believes is best for his club. It's business, not personal.
I know it's his job. I'm just saying when the world record for a RB is just over £30m and he is allegedly asking for twice that then he is a twat

So would you not want Khaldoon to do the same if we were selling say, Aguero? To get the highest fee possible? It's not his fault we're mugs.
Well the world record for an attacking player is about £80m so I wouldn't expect us to ask double that for Kun. I understand how negotiations work, I'm saying thats a laughable price quoted and surely we wouldn't consider it

So is this Spurs demanding £60m thing likely to be true?

That would be far more of a rip off than the same money on Van Dijk.
Levy is well known to drive a hard bargain, but most of the time the press are way out with their figures in advance, look at Bernardo.
I expect we will pay a full price but not an absurd one.

40-45m i reckon? but he's english & a huge improvement on what we had so i really think it will prove to be money well spent long term

Don't know why we're worried, I'm sure Txiki isn't. Lots of good players out there and we shouldn't get fixated on any of them. If this genius negotiator, Levy, wants to keep a player who doesn't want to be there, sign someone else. Bertrand would satisfy the home grown aspect, then go for a foreign right back. There must be a couple who are good enough/available.

£50m including add ons was the most i thought the deal would go for, £60m plus leave him there and let spuds deal with the shit storm of unhappiness he would bring. Get Demerol in for less and Bertrand can make up a homegrown spot.

City, please don't pay more than £45 m for Walker, Van Dyke or Mendy as we will become a laughing stock. We should have extended the contracts of Sagna, Clichy & Zabaleta by at least 12 months in order to get true value for those players, none of whom is worth less than £7.5 m in my view. West Ham must be laughing. Poor financial management again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.