Kyle Walker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Genuine question.....did we need to announce that our top 4 fullbacks were leaving so soon after the season finished? As they are all officially still under contract under June/July, would it have given us a stronger position in negotiating fees for our targets? With rumours starting to come out that Spurs/Monaco are placing a higher value on Mendy/Walker, it got me thinking we might have shown our hand alittle early?
The players and agents of those released would have known well before the end of the season they werent getting extensions and would have made it known their players were going to be available. It would have been common knowledge whether we made it public or not.

The players and agents of those released would have known well before the end of the season they werent getting extensions and would have made it known their players were going to be available. It would have been common knowledge whether we made it public or not.

Good point mate!;).....I guess it makes it even more important that we should have started the transition of moving to younger/better system fits at FB last summer, instead of now needing a complete overhaul. Exciting to see how the pieces will fall into place.

This,there are no secrets in the football community

would love that to be true. Bayern you can have him. The one signing i'm dead against this summer. I saw a scouser describe him as "a(n even more) brain dead Glen Johnson", i think that's spot on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.