Kyle Walker

Status
Not open for further replies.
The likes of Mbappe and Vinicius will worry me more if we lose Kyle. At his age we need to start planning for life without him though even if he does stay.
Agreed but do we keep a player so cuz we're worried about 2 players in world football... I don't think so

20m I’d be amazed if we get anywhere near that 10m max

Not sure what we end up getting but there's literally no reason we shouldn't aim for 20m+. The same arguments for Bayern wanting him are the same for why he should cost 20m+: experience, winning mentality, superb 1vs1, faster than basically any attacker. Having 1 year left shouldn't reduce it that much, but I know City are happy to reduce fees as a sort of 'honour' thing for those with time served

Hard really to judge. I mean at the end Im always from a "Pep can do whatever" camp, but this one is a bit counter-intuitive for me. Mostly because I believe one more year hes gonna be still special in a way hes covering last line with his pace. He was one of the very best heroses of especially Real encounter and in some games, especially in UCL, still might be very useful. Club knows best though, also in the aspect of players management, wage-structures etc. Probably improved and extended offer for 33 a years old was against it. Probably Pep too did not oppose this approach to much. So at the end of the day I am calm;)

If so, best for Walker, there is no way around it, hes up there with high status in terms of contribution to this golden era.

Hard really to judge. I mean at the end Im always from a "Pep can do whatever" camp, but this one is a bit counter-intuitive for me. Mostly because I believe one more year hes gonna be still special in a way hes covering last line with his pace. He was one of the very best heroses of especially Real encounter and in some games, especially in UCL, still might be very useful. Club knows best though, also in the aspect of players management, wage-structures etc. Probably improved and extended offer for 33 a years old was against it. Probably Pep too did not oppose this approach to much. So at the end of the day I am calm;)

If so, best for Walker, there is no way around it, hes up there with high status in terms of contribution to this golden era.
I see a few players having one more fully decent season ahead of them, Gundo as a prime example. City offered a 1yr extension for a reason, they see him being at the top for that time period.
It’s better to move a player on now while they still hold some worth, but also you don't want to wait until they’ve hit a wall before we start to replace them, better to do it now while it benefits everyone.
It means maybe a season of transition but long term it’d be worth it, also worth remembering Pep is off in two seasons. Better to let him build a decent winning base of a squad now ready for his departure and for the new manager to come in and hit the ground running with.
It doesn’t make these players any less of a club legend or fan favourite, its just good business by the club getting a decent fee while we can and using it to invest in younger talent.

also worth remembering Pep is off in two seasons.
Where's Pep said this? He's just starting a two year contract extension & was saying after the CL win that he doesn't want us to fade away like previous winners.

He wants us to start dominating the CL like Real have. So there's another set of targets for Guardiola. Pep's own words 8 days ago...

Where's Pep said this? He's just starting a two year contract extension & was saying after the CL win that he doesn't want us to fade away like previous winners.

He wants us to start dominating the CL like Real have. So there's another set of targets for Guardiola. Pep's own words 8 days ago...
100% agree, baldy is going nowhere even after 2 years, he is building his personal dynasty here, unless players stop responding to him, he is here long term.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.