Kyle Walker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats a fair point if we are going to play him. If he is sat on the bench he costs us £13m plus £8m in wages.
Mate, it's not what we can make or save on Walker that's crucial, it's how much it'll cost us to replace him.

In that respect the likes of Hakimi (27) have been quoted at £60m+. However his younger age is also a big factor & consideration.

For me, I'd keep Walker next season regardless & if his levels remain the same, give him the 2 year option on better wages, & the game time guarantees I reckon he wants.

Why would he want to uproot his young family to Germany for an additional 12 months on his contract? It's not like he'll win anything with Bayern, that he hasn't won the equivalent with City. \0/

Thats a fair point if we are going to play him. If he is sat on the bench he costs us £13m plus £8m in wages.
Apart from when he was injured, which was in the first half of the season, he actually started the majority of games, last season.

Even at the end, he started the FA Cup final, both legs of the CL semi, and 8 of our last 9 league games.

Pep using the four CBs wasn't actually that common - more highlighted by the Bayern and Inter games.

Are you saying the club will have overpaid for his last year?

**stands back immediately**
Personally would be happy to extend Walker for another 2 years. Like signing a top quality player for £13m on a 3 year contract.

Different decision if we are not going to play him and we just stick with the 4 CB approach but agree he actually played a lot even after Pep questioned his suitability for a changing system and Pep and club are awfully keen on keeping him so assume those comments were largely a kick up the backside for the off field error.

I'll be honest and say I don't think there is a great alternative on the market at the moment and I like the comfort factor of having Walker as an option we turn to when up against pacey forwards even if his game time reduced.

Personally would be happy to extend Walker for another 2 years. Like signing a top quality player for £13m on a 3 year contract.

Different decision if we are not going to play him and we just stick with the 4 CB approach but agree he actually played a lot even after Pep questioned his suitability for a changing system and Pep and club are awfully keen on keeping him so assume those comments were largely a kick up the backside for the off field error.

I'll be honest and say I don't think there is a great alternative on the market at the moment and I like the comfort factor of having Walker as an option we turn to when up against pacey forwards even if his game time reduced.
Pep said on japan Kyle is irreplaceable

Important player and member of the squad but if he wants to go then let him go. No one is bigger than the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.