Kylian Mbappé | Real Madrid Player (pg620)

Benny has won the world cup..
He opted to stay in a tin pot league where he can rack up his medals without testing himself so no he hasn't proven himself, over a 10 mth ultra competitive league and 4 competitions is proving yourself imo
Cant see him ever signing for us, but there isn't a club in the world that wouldn’t snap him up given half the chance.

Imagine being Mbappe: Yes you'll be rich*, but you play knowing you will win nothing important club-wise (apart from the Ligue1 trophy).

*He'll be rich whichever club he chooses, so that's fairly redundant.

Benny has won the world cup..
He opted to stay in a tin pot league where he can rack up his medals without testing himself so no he hasn't proven himself, over a 10 mth ultra competitive league and 4 competitions is proving yourself imo
Again. The whole PL proven (or 4 big leagues here) thing.
I have even seen people dismiss Neymar quality because he is not playing in Liga anymore.
A quick reminder that Hazard won straight player of the year coming from not competitive Ligue 1.
Kanté won straight player of the year coming from not competitive Ligue 1.
Mahrez won straight player of the year coming from not competitive Ligue 2.
Bernardo Silva is City player of the year coming from Monaco, the same club and team Mbappé was playing in in not competitive Ligue 1.

Thankfully your scouts over there in England don't think players need to prove in the 4 Big leagues to aknowledge their quality.

And none of them have the achievements of Mbappé. Saying that, Mbappé is overrated currently because of his expected potential while a player like Bernardo was underrated.

I have even seen people dismiss Neymar quality because he is not playing in Liga anymore.
A quick reminder that Hazard won straight player of the year coming from not competitive Ligue 1.
Bernardo Silva is City player of the year coming from Monaco, the same club and team Mbappé was playing in in not competitive Ligue 1.

Thankfully your scouts over there in England don't think players need to prove in the 4 Big leagues to aknowledge their quality.

And none of them have the achievements of Mbappé. Saying that, Mbappé is overrated currently because of his expected potential while a player like Bernardo was underrated.
great post ,people tend to forget there are more teams in france who weve played and got beaten off, we are a pompous bunch of one eyed no nowts in England

Having a few world class players in the whole league does not mean the League is great.

Having a few world class players in the whole league does not mean the League is great.
Where did i ever say that ?

I'm directly quoting karen7 saying Mbappé has not proven himself because he plays in a not big 4 leagues.

Where do you see i'm inferring anything about the whole league level ?

And if you want my take on Ligue 1 level, i would say it would be pretty good if there was more money in. French clubs are raided by PL clubs usually or even German clubs for their prospects because the financial context is very uncompetitive for french clubs (more taxes, DNCG, etc.)

The problem of Ligue 1 has never been quality per se. Just clubs cant enjoy their quality players long enough.

Those players out grew the french league and have done very well here but it is still not a competitive league to play in,Neymar has proved himself abroad so he has nothing to prove in france.What has Kylian achieved that they haven't? the world cup? he hasn't slogged for 10 months in a league where several teams can win it,the players you mention have acheved a whole lot more than this kid has so i don't agree with you there,he is potential right now that's all i see and until he challenges himself we won't know what he'll become

Those players out grew the french league and have done very well here but it is still not a competitive league to play in,Neymar has proved himself abroad so he has nothing to prove in france.What has Kylian achieved that they haven't? the world cup? he hasn't slogged for 10 months in a league where several teams can win it,the players you mention have acheved a whole lot more than this kid has so i don't agree with you there,he is potential right now that's all i see and until he challenges himself we won't know what he'll become

Mbappé is a lot more than just potential.

Where did i ever say that ?

I'm directly quoting karen7 saying Mbappé has not proven himself because he plays in a not big 4 leagues.

Where do you see i'm inferring anything about the whole league level ?

And if you want my take on Ligue 1 level, i would say it would be pretty good if there was more money in. French clubs are raided by PL clubs usually or even German clubs for their prospects because the financial context is very uncompetitive for french clubs (more taxes, DNCG, etc.)

The problem of Ligue 1 has never been quality per se. Just clubs cant enjoy their quality players long enough.
I think your misinterpreted it a bit, none of the players you quoted were classed as great before moving to a bigger league, will he be different ? I don’t know.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.