Kylian Mbappé | Real Madrid Player (pg620)

Those players out grew the french league and have done very well here but it is still not a competitive league to play in,Neymar has proved himself abroad so he has nothing to prove in france.What has Kylian achieved that they haven't? the world cup? he hasn't slogged for 10 months in a league where several teams can win it,the players you mention have acheved a whole lot more than this kid has so i don't agree with you there,he is potential right now that's all i see and until he challenges himself we won't know what he'll become
They outgrew the french league ? Hahaha, best joke of the day !

Kanté was playing at Caen, which is quite a very small club, in a very very average team. He was just considered a prospect (and even not a big prospect or he wouldn't have gone to Leicester).

Mahrez was literally playing in Ligue 2, but you are telling me he outgrew the Ligue 1 ?

Hazard, yes. You can say he had already achieved everything being best player in Ligue 1 and winning the championship.

Mbappé has won 3 straight leagues with 2 different clubs, 2 or 3 times best teenagers, 1 time best player (because Neymar was injured for too long), 1 time best scorer. But for you, he has not proven more than those players who have instantly been the very best players in England.

I don't see it,get him here and we'll see,our french friend says he is overated at the moment and he should know
He is overrated because people compare him to Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo.
He is not even better than Neymar who is just behind those two.
But he still is a very good player and would tear the english league apart when someone like Aubameyang is the best scorer (he was nothing special in France).

I think your misinterpreted it a bit, none of the players you quoted were classed as great before moving to a bigger league, will he be different ? I don’t know.
And this is what i'm getting at.

With the same performance in Ligue 1, Kanté, Bernardo Silva, Mbappé, Hazard,etc. have seen their obvious quality dismissed. But as soon as they put their feet down in England, they are considered great players (and in some cases, the very best player in their first season).
That only show people don't judge the actual quality of the players but get carried with their bias, aka Ligue 1 = ez to perform. The former Stoke City player Choupo-Moting can be used as a standard if you want. He was shit as Stoke and is still shit in Ligue1, despite playing in an dominating team. You don't get to score 30+ goals in Ligue 1 (with very very few penalties) easily.

They outgrew the french league ? Hahaha, best joke of the day !

Kanté was playing at Caen, which is quite a very small club, in a very very average team. He was just considered a prospect (and even not a big prospect or he wouldn't have gone to Leicester).

Mahrez was literally playing in Ligue 2, but you are telling me he outgrew the Ligue 1 ?

Hazard, yes. You can say he had already achieved everything being best player in Ligue 1 and winning the championship.

Mbappé has won 3 straight leagues with 2 different clubs, 2 or 3 times best teenagers, 1 time best player (because Neymar was injured for too long), 1 time best scorer. But for you, he has not proven more than those players who have instantly been the very best players in England.
I'm thinking more french football as a whole,he is at your club who walk the league most of the time or that is my impression,correct me if i am wrong,it's not the same as competing and winning in a league where you have to fight for every point and anyone can beat anyone,it's just not

I'm thinking more french football as a whole,he is at your club who walk the league most of the time or that is my impression,correct me if i am wrong,it's not the same as competing and winning in a league where you have to fight for every point and anyone can beat anyone,it's just not
See my comparison with Choupo-Moting. He is at PSG and is still the shit player he was at Stoke. 3 goals in 23 apparitions.

And i can make the same comments in reverse. Mahrez is cruising the PL while he was not even good enough to play in Ligue 1. Must be very uncompetitive there in England.
Or Kante is best player in PL and is seen as a god in Chelsea. He wasn't even idolized as much in Caen, let alone in Ligue 1.

What matters is the player quality and Mbappé does have a great player quality, not as much as the legends he is compared with like Pelé, Messi, CR7. But he is quite there with the very good players of this world and potentially more.

Haha we all have one of those ;)
I can't see anyone prising Kylian away from you just yet so all good
Oh.
I'm not too fussed about Mbappé.

When he goes, he goes. I'm a fan of PSG, not of a particular player. As long as my club benefits from it.
We will definitely make a bonus in financial term but i'm not sure we will be able to find a good fit as replacement. Barcelona showed it is not an easy task with Neymar and Coutinho + Dembélé replacement.
Liverpool strucked gold when they sold Countiho and Salah stepped up.

He is overrated because people compare him to Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo.
He is not even better than Neymar who is just behind those two.
But he still is a very good player and would tear the english league apart when someone like Aubameyang is the best scorer (he was nothing special in France).

He did more at his current age than Messi and Ronaldo combined. Any level, any stat. Doesn't mean he's gonna be as good as them, but he's not even close to be overrated. Monster of a player at that age. MONSTER.

People who think he is good because he is playing at Ligue 1 should look at his stats in Champions League, World Cup etc..

He'll never play for City unfortunately.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.