Kylian Mbappé | Real Madrid Player (pg620)

Mbappe with never hit the heights people think he can at PSG. They walked the league, then the team totally lost interest after they went out in the CL. PSG, the club you go to if you're not up for a challenge/fullfilling your potential. It's like when you used to see people sign for Celtic. People only got there for CL football. AT least with Celtic there's competition for the league.... well there used to be at least.
Quite reminiscent with what happened to Barcelona or Juventus this year, no ?
All of them ended the season in a bad way after their CL exit and lost their national cup.
Why is it always PSG that is viewed this negatively though ?

It reminds me when people were laughing at PSG issueing a statement about Mbappé after his controversial speech. Real Madrid just showed it has nothing to do with the status of the club but the importance of the player when they had to do all that stuff for Sergio Ramos in the previous days.

And comparing PSG to Celtic nowadays...
Celtic is a very great club with great fans but can you point out where exactly it is "more competitive" than PSG as a club or the league they are playing into ? PSG played Celtic in Champions League and it was evident there was a gulf between the two teams. PSG youngsters are enjoying themselves at Celtic (Dembélé, Edouard, it is harder for Weah). Celtic has won 8 leagues in a row, Bayern 8 in a row, Juventus 7 in a row. It is only PSG second league in a row at the moment.

I swear, people like to talk negatively about french league as being sooo shit and at the same time they kind of value Eridivisie or Scottish League who are nowhere near Ligue 1. It would be funny if it wasn't becoming an alternative truth since it is so much rehashed without any thinking.
Just a reminder that those leagues don't even have a direct qualifier spot for CL. But hey, Ligue 1 soooo bad.

Last edited:
I believe Mbappe is a one in a generation striker and would love him at City but unfortunately it will never happen.

I expect he will move to Madrid (most likely) or Barca and be undoubtedly best player in the world, win multiple Ballon dor and win at least 5 champions league titles! Best case scenario for City is that he stays at PSG his entire career as would hate to see him at LaLiga or one of our rivals.

Saying that it's such a shame he went to PSG, we should have done everything in our powers to get him (I'm led to believe we did try but wasn't possible)
What would he cost to buy now, probably over £300M

Yes it is jealousy, he is the one player I would loved for us to sign above any other!

I believe Mbappe is a one in a generation striker and would love him at City but unfortunately it will never happen.

I expect he will move to Madrid (most likely) or Barca and be undoubtedly best player in the world, win multiple Ballon dor and win at least 5 champions league titles! Best case scenario for City is that he stays at PSG his entire career as would hate to see him at LaLiga or one of our rivals.

Saying that it's such a shame he went to PSG, we should have done everything in our powers to get him (I'm led to believe we did try but wasn't possible)
What would he cost to buy now, probably over £300M

Yes it is jealousy, he is the one player I would loved for us to sign above any other!

How on earth did you come to £300m+?

How on earth did you come to £300m+?

Purchased for 166m, PSG definitely don't want to sell so fee would easily be £300M especially with the length of time in his contract!

Vasilyev, who was part of the deal that saw Mbappe leave Monaco for PSG, told ESPN in August 2018: “I think his value is now €250-300m.”

What do you consider how much PSG would sell to City for?

He is the greatest player on the planet and still only 20 years old!

Last edited:
Purchased for 166m, PSG definitely don't want to sell so fee would easily be £300M especially with the length of time in his contract!

Vasilyev, who was part of the deal that saw Mbappe leave Monaco for PSG, told ESPN in August 2018: “I think his value is now €250-300m.”

What do you consider how much PSG would sell to City for?

He is the greatest player on the planet and still only 22 years old!

I dont put price tags on players as there is little point
If he were for sale PSG could ask whatever they fancied, but they would only get what someone is willing to pay.
Great player but I very much doubt we will see him in blue

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.