Kylian Mbappé | Real Madrid Player (pg620)

I start this by saying I love the game of football - however we can't hide from things.

I honestly didn't think the obscenity in football could get any worse, but if this comes off it really has. The state of the World we live in and a football club is touted as potentially spending the sums reported.
I see where you're coming from but as long as someone / an audience are prepared to pay this there's nothing we can do.
The money paid to top sportspeople, not just footballers, is quite staggering
Not sure how much Mahones or LeBron James are getting but it is crazy. Just think of the money spent by companies during the ad breaks in the Superbowl.
I just saw on the news a while ago Taylor Swift has sold 2.4 million tickets to datefor her 2023 concerts and is worth$740m.

The Saudis have the money and are prepared to spend it.
I think it will end up the same as the Kerry Packer leagues did

Let's be honest here they can invest wtf they want but you support a team, not a cpl of star names, I don't give a toss who goes there cause I along with all others I presume do not give a shite about any of there teams and never will.
No amount of star names will ever make me want to watch a league I have absolute zero interest in, that's what there problem will be.

It would have to go on for the next 20 or 30 years to stand a chance at getting remotely any serious interest, what I do think however is there maybe a replacement for the champions league around the corner, if that happens there may well be a time to worry about football in this country as we know it, but if that does happen me and I would imagine 75% of fans of premier league clubs will loose interest in the game altogether

This is beyond football; it's an autocratic government purchasing a cultural asset.
Dear me, it's no different to the purchase of Newcastle or the proposed Qatar takeover of the rags. Maybe not even miles different from our own takeover and early flashing of the cash. The only real difference is the scale of the spending which is essentially how other clubs see us - it's deeply hypocritical for blues to get self righteous about this.

We either adapt or get left behind. We're a superbly run club already, but will have to be prepared for the impact of Saudi money - possibly adapt our recruitment to the reality that our best players might be spending less time here than we are currently used to.

Didn't we lose Carlos Tevez to a higher bidder from China? We were paying him 400k a week and he went and got 875k from China.. and we had to let him go as we adapted to FFP.

Same for Leroy Sane.. he is on higher than KDB salary.. 420k per week!

As long as we can maintain our #1 status in England and top 5 within Europe.. players will want to come here. Just like players go to the LA Galaxy -- they're the top team stateside!

In other words.. don't worry about it.. we should be fine as long as we're not in League One again. That would really throw a wrench in our plans.

Dear me, it's no different to the purchase of Newcastle or the proposed Qatar takeover of the rags. Maybe not even miles different from our own takeover and early flashing of the cash. The only real difference is the scale of the spending which is essentially how other clubs see us - it's deeply hypocritical for blues to get self righteous about this.
It is entirely different.

The only similarity is the ultimate ownership is based in the Middle East.

The game has moved on since our takeover and I don't think we would be allowed to make the mistakes we did back then.

Didn't we lose Carlos Tevez to a higher bidder from China? We were paying him 400k a week and he went and got 875k from China.. and we had to let him go as we adapted to FFP.

Same for Leroy Sane.. he is on higher than KDB salary.. 420k per week!

As long as we can maintain our #1 status in England and top 5 within Europe.. players will want to come here. Just like players go to the LA Galaxy -- they're the top team stateside!

In other words.. don't worry about it.. we should be fine as long as we're not in League One again. That would really throw a wrench in our plans.
We sold Tevez to Juventus.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.