Kylian Mbappe

Status
Not open for further replies.
So he flies to Manchester, meets our players at our old facilities, tweets old team mates and receives tweets, comments come out about his future and his abilities, he gets a first hand look at our great city after rumours of meetings with pep and a heightened belief we are balls deep for this fella.

If this was reversed and was done in Madrid with all the above factors, you couldn't get a bet on him going there and this thread would be nigh on closed.
If mbarm doesn't join city now, he never will.

No idea if he would come or not but I rather believe he is coming and be disappointed if he didn't come, than be a misery gut who always thinks negative first player doesn't come and its a told you so, we weren't getting him.
I'm not like that at all. I think he is coming personally. I'm just trying to put a little perspective on it. If it were me I'd choose the team who I supported whilst growing up. It makes more logical sense to come here if I'm Mbappe. But the pull of the club you love is strong.

OK, here's an accurate and direct translation of what Monaco's owner has said on the situation (from today's L'Equipe & translated by me, a Manc in Paris) :

'We are still discussing it (with Mbappe). It isn't a question of money, it's more complicated than that.

The player needs to make a decision, especially with regards to our sporting project.

I understand that he has a number of options but he has never expressed any desire to leave.

Give us time.'

The same article also drops in - as a teaser at the end - that they have signed a right sided attacking mid, Rachid Ghezzal, from OL (thus opening up the path for an Mbappe departure).

On the page they mention that Dembele has agreed personal terms with Barça, with ongoing discussions between Barça & Dortmund for a €100m transfer.

Last edited:
Without wishing to urinate long and hard over this thread, can PB or some like minded mathematical soul can tell me how we can possibly spend another £150 odd million on top of the £215m we've already spent and possibly comply with FFP? If the answer is some sort of Neymar style finagle (hope GDM approves of that one) involving third parties from the UAE, then I'd be inclined to give it a wide berth given what cnuts UEFA are.....
It's been explained on several threads AND PSG didn't involve third parties at all. That was made up by papers before Neymar signed as virtually no journalists understand how a transfer is actually accounted for.

It's been explained on several threads AND PSG didn't involve third parties at all. That was made up by papers before Neymar signed as virtually no journalists understand how a transfer is actually accounted for.
Yep, the increased TV money and new sponsorship deals should easy cover the amortised fees.

So he flies to Manchester, meets our players at our old facilities, tweets old team mates and receives tweets, comments come out about his future and his abilities, he gets a first hand look at our great city after rumours of meetings with pep and a heightened belief we are balls deep for this fella.

If this was reversed and was done in Madrid with all the above factors, you couldn't get a bet on him going there and this thread would be nigh on closed.
If mbarm doesn't join city now, he never will.

Spot on mate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.