Kylian Mbappe

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think that it's a done deal, but anyone who thinks this was just another photo shoot is being naive. This was planned by City and Nike (with Monaco's permission) to show him around the club facilities and our project in an attempt to convince him to move. If he doesn't come, it was just a photoshoot and nobody's reputation gets hurt. If he comes, then we have done our job perfectly.

No idea if he would come or not but I rather believe he is coming and be disappointed if he didn't come, than be a misery gut who always thinks negative first player doesn't come and its a told you so, we weren't getting him.

Remember that in his own words, Real Madrid have been trying to sign him since he was 14.

He could have joined them many times before and chose not to.

I don't think that it's a done deal, but anyone who thinks this was just another photo shoot is being naive. This was planned by City and Nike (with Monaco's permission) to show him around the club facilities and our project in an attempt to convince him to move. If he doesn't come, it was just a photoshoot and nobody's reputation gets hurt. If he comes, then we have done our job perfectly.
He wasn't at club facilities. He was at platt lane

Just seen this. Great work by Nike, pulling the strings. Got them at the CFA doing Nike shoots...

Sane and Mbappe look to be doing a spot for JD Sports(JD Football) with the hosts, two popular football bloggers, Steve O The Madman & Craig Mitch. Usually they do about 2-3 videos with PL players an interview
and a couple of goofy challenges. The Nike stuff is sponsorship "swag" plus filming with two Nike players.

Now what I do find odd is that it's usually filmed with just PL players and Mbappe isn't a PL player(yet, the videos will probably come out at the end of the month based on the timetable of previous releases) and Mbappe was supposedly having a meeting with Pep. Sane was actually on one of their latest videos with Emere Can a couple of months ago.

So a couple of things:
Did Monaco authorized this quick trip for Mbappe to do this?

Did Leroy call Mbappe to do this spot knowing he was going to meet Pep later on?

Yep, the increased TV money and new sponsorship deals should easy cover the amortised fees.

That notwithstanding I am still at something of a loss in understanding what our financial limits are. At the time of signing Neymar, PSG hadn't already spent £210m, and amortisation or not £370m is a phenomenal amount to spend in one window, particularly when TV and EPL prize money combined only came to about £150m I think.
Not concerned by it, just trying to get my head around it

That notwithstanding I am still at something of a loss in understanding what our financial limits are. At the time of signing Neymar, PSG hadn't already spent £210m, and amortisation or not £370m is a phenomenal amount to spend in one window, particularly when TV and EPL prize money combined only came to about £150m I think.
Not concerned by it, just trying to get my head around it
I know mate, but assuming we get over £100mil of outgoings then let's say hypothetically it ends at net spend of £250mil then it's an increase of £50mil per annum based on most players signing 5 year deals, although to be honest with Mbappe I bet we'd sign him to a 6 or 7 year deal to get the fee spread more.

I know mate, but assuming we get over £100mil of outgoings then let's say hypothetically it ends at net spend of £250mil then it's an increase of £50mil per annum based on most players signing 5 year deals, although to be honest with Mbappe I bet we'd sign him to a 6 or 7 year deal to get the fee spread more.

Plus we are effectively doing 2 windows in 1 here as next summer we'd only need to be sorting maybe 3 positions as opposed to the 7 we are doing this summer.

I always thought we had a small chance of signing Mbappe. Now it looks like Monaco will sell Mbappe, and we are the most likely buyers. Is this going to go smoothly or are barca and Real Madrid going to re-appear of the horizon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.