Kylian Mbappe

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt mates are playing too big role in someone deciding where he will go. It's multi-million business for many sides and interested parties, much more serious than following your mates.

I think PSG's interest could work in our favour, tbh. I'm sure Monaco would rather sell to us than them. I'm more concerned about Madrid than Paris.

So you aren't buying the Nike clause? I can't see it personally...

I doubt mates are playing too big role in someone deciding where he will go. It's multi-million business for many sides and interested parties, much more serious than following your mates.
It helps the cause though imo. It won't be the deciding factor of course but it's always good to know people before you go somewhere. Makes you more comfertable.

So you aren't buying the Nike clause? I can't see it personally...

It probably voids a sizeable % of his Nike contract. I buy it completely. James Harden just signed a $200m deal with addidas...Mbappe could get something insane from Nike. If they can get him on a club they sponsor then they will.

Nike won't dictate but I'm sure some deals are getting pushed a bit by sponsors. I'm actually pretty surprised, though not sure if it would be allowed by law, that Nike and Adidas are not putting lot of clauses about players being able to move only to clubs they sponsor too. It's pretty odd to see some of those brands footballing icons like Messi, Ronaldo or even Pogba playing in kits their biggest competition sponsoring. I can't see business point of view there. You spend millions in marketing through some player yet he runs out on the pitch with much bigger view of your competitor's logo. Though if I'd be in charge, I'd ban players wearing other brands than club sponsoring ones on the pitch too, though that's completely new story.

I don't think Nike get to dictate where he goes, put it that way.

You'd be surprised how much pull these company's have in sport. Dictate where he goes? Not exactly but they could effectively price him into a move from their end. If he's split 50/50 with a Nike club or addidas club and his contract has a clause that states he gets 30m for a Nike club then where's he going? What if it's 40/60...30/70 even.

I'm just saying it's very possible.

You'd be surprised how much pull these company's have in sport. Dictate where he goes? Not exactly but they could effectively price him into a move from their end. If he's split 50/50 with a Nike club or addidas club and his contract has a clause that states he gets 30m for a Nike club then where's he going? What if it's 40/60...30/70 even.

I'm just saying it's very possible.
But keep in mind Ronaldo (Nike) plays for Real Madrid (Adidas), and Messi (Adidas) plays for Barcelona (Nike).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.