Kylian Mbappe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah but still hard to see him not going to Madrid ronaldo and zidane and his favourite club

I'm sure he respects Zidane but he is too young to have been a major fan. He loves Ronaldo but don't think he goes there just for him. Would always be in his shadow. He can always go to Real in a few years when Benzema and Ronaldo are gone.

I doubt mates are playing too big role in someone deciding where he will go.
I would f**king hope not when talking about serious career decisions at the age of 18.

Obviously he should seek advice from people with more experience, and if he's serious about his football career, what he shouldn't do is take the best money offer, he should look at where his best prospects are. They may or may not be at City, but they certainly aren't currently at PSG, or R Madrid imho.

If I was in his position, I might think staying at Monaco was for the best this year, but I wouldn't sign an extension there, which may not suit Monaco.

When you think about it, he's in quite an awkward, but in other ways a very good position, but at 18 years old, its very easy to f**k up really big decisions in your life. Hopefully those that advise the lad, aren't only interested in £££££££.

But keep in mind Ronaldo (Nike) plays for Real Madrid (Adidas), and Messi (Adidas) plays for Barcelona (Nike).

That's true. They aren't up for sale by club and they are locked into their deals with the apparel companies though.

I'm just throwing out some perspective and not at all saying that's for sure what's going on.

I don't think it's that straightforward tbh. I do think he's interested in a move to City, but there are other very tempting offers on the table too. I don't think that he solely wants to join us and no one else. And that's before you even factor in the fee that Monaco are after, which could be prohibitive for many interested parties.

Sure. Perhaps I should have said, if we were his first choice, I think this would probably be further along. Just sense if Madrid snap their fingers, it happens and quickly.

I doubt mates are playing too big role in someone deciding where he will go. It's multi-million business for many sides and interested parties, much more serious than following your mates.
According to Dani Alves, it was Neymar who convinced him to join PSG. Also having the Brazilian defense and Maxwell in the office made the choice even easier. So mates sometimes do play a factor. You also see it in interviews when they ask about familiarity with the new teammates.

According to Dani Alves, it was Neymar who convinced him to join PSG. Also having the Brazilian defense and Maxwell in the office made the choice even easier. So mates sometimes do play a factor. You also see it in interviews when they ask about familiarity with the new teammates.

He got twice money from PSG he would get from us. I'd do the same on his place but it's money, everything else are just excuses. Neymar said few days ago he came to Barca because of Messsi but went to Paris because of the club. Footballers are bullshitting all the time.

When there are similar offers on the table, players might look at different things (though even then there are many more important factors than mates) but first thing is and always will be the money for all parties involved and there are many of them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.