Kylian Mbappe

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as I'd like us to get Mbappe, it wouldn't be the end of the world if he goes to PSG, as widely expected. It'd mean they've effectively decided to fuck FFP off, which would handily test the waters for us with UEFA, especially if PSG ended up mounting a legal challenge.

So it does seem that FFP may be a hurdle PSG will have to jump if they are unable to balance the books.
In a bidding war we would be wise to not compete beyond our break even point because even if we lose it would surely be evidence of intent.

I know we are now talking FFP and there are several threads that deal exclusively with that subject as I have been reminded by several posters but it is becoming increasingly important regarding whether PSG (and City if we choose to compete) tweak the tiger´s tail again.

A very capable alternative even if he has said he's staying at Dortmund
There's a reason he's staying at bvb. Namely that no one of any worth retains any serious interest in signing him. Interest from his beloved Real disappeared some time ago, none of the other cartel clubs either had or have stepped up any interest, Bayern could have him like any other bvb player if they want but again, no interest. Even the rags opted for Lukaku when they could have probably saved some money and signed auba instead. The only solid links I've seen were from China. His stock simply isn't what it was and rate him or not I'll bow to the superior scouting etc all these major clubs do, plus afcon puts another fly in the ointment.

But if PSG will pay180m, can't imagine Monaco will ultimately turn it down regardless of prior rhetoric or what some people on here think.

There's a reason he's staying at bvb. Namely that no one of any worth retains any serious interest in signing him. Interest from his beloved Real disappeared some time ago, none of the other cartel clubs either had or have stepped up any interest, Bayern could have him like any other bvb player if they want but again, no interest. Even the rags opted for Lukaku when they could have probably saved some money and signed auba instead. The only solid links I've seen were from China. His stock simply isn't what it was and rate him or not I'll bow to the superior scouting etc all these major clubs do, plus afcon puts another fly in the ointment.

Would be a decent shout but as you have said AFCON is an issue and their must be other issues if no major team is interested

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.