Kylian Mbappe

Status
Not open for further replies.
True.

But Gab isn't stupid - far from it. Everything he says is backed by reason and a big intellect - if Gab claims to have looked into FFP and has then published about it - I'm more than inclined to listen to what he says.
I'm more inclined to listen to football people who also work in financial accounting. I think you're wrong here and I am neutral on this matter.

I don't don't who the fuck he is or was as a previous poster, but he doesn't know the updated FFP rules for new owners and basing his entire thoughts on Marcotti, who understands FFP less than most City fans is rather bemusing.

Don't get me wrong mate, I am a VERY reluctant supporter of FFP, since the very raison d'etre of the rules was UEFA trying to fuck us over. It's especially galling that they changed the rules mid-flight to ensure we broke them; and then even more galling that now we are through and are part of the elite, they've relaxed the very rules that they used to try to stop us. You could not make it up, and it does make your blood boil.

But that said, the rules do actually help us now, so it's not in our interests to see them relaxed.

Probably BS invented by journos, but I'll post it anyway

They are referencing Canal Plus which makes it a bit more credible. It's a French story. Perhaps we could reinterpret it as Contract Ext or Transfer. I thought he had already turned down a contract?

Um...Kay.

Let me know what else Marcotti is full of shit about - I'm sure to believe whatever you shovel up.
Well he thought United would win the league last year and City would finish outside the top four. But that is a prediction and most are wrong for obvious reasons.

Marcotti is not a football finance expert and certainly not the go to guy for FFP knowledge.

Last edited:
I'm more inclined to listen to football people who also work in financial accounting. I think you're wrong here and I am neutral on this matter.
I like Marcotti think he talks a lot of sense, but heard him talk about our finances a couple of years ago and realised when talking FFP , he 's way off.

He's demonstrably wrong.

If a new tractor is going to cost a farmer £50,000, someone external cannot possibly make a judgement about whether that investment makes sense unless you know how much more crops they'll be able to farm, and how much more revenue they can get from the crops.

All Washington knows is some scant details of the tractor price. Nothing more.

Therefore neither he, nor anyone else, can judge whether the investment stands up or not. This is not an opinion, it's logical fact.

He's demonstrably wrong.

If a new tractor is going to cost a farmer £50,000, someone external cannot possibly make a judgement about whether that investment makes sense unless you know how much more crops they'll be able to farm, and how much more revenue they can get from the crops.

All Washington knows is some scant details of the tractor price. Nothing more.

Therefore neither he, nor anyone else, can judge whether the investment stands up or not. This is not an opinion, it's logical fact.
Yup - and thus, FIFA, who needs to judge FFP is equally in the dark - no way they can tell whether or not FFP rules have been breached... brilliant!

You keep on claiming to be a world football authority - far more knowledgable than Marcotti - please refer me to your blog/TV appearances/books/previous history coaching clubs/etc.

I'm dying to know your credentials.
Show me where I've claimed to be a world football authority, or are you simply using hyperbole to lie like some jumped up yanky cretin?

Well I'm a consultant for the Qatar Investmnet Authority. You may have heard of them.

On FFP I am very much, like many City fans in here, more knowledgeable than Marcotti. I'm not so foolish as to believe I know PSG's plans in full, to know who they may or may not be lining up for sponsorship with regards to Neymar or one of a thousand other considerations that should be taken into account with regards their ability to pay it within the rules of FFP.

What I do know, with 100% accuracy, is that you are wrong when you state "PSG are ignoring FFP".

As for having a blog! Lol. Is that your measure of someone? I wouldnt get out of bed for Marcotti's gross let alone his take home.

Who were you before the ban? No way you're a brand new poster coming on here like that and thinking you're billy big bollocks.

Last edited:
They are referencing Canal Plus which makes it a bit more credible. It's a French story. Perhaps we could reinterpret it as Contract Ext or Transfer. I thought he had already turned down a contract?
I guess the situation is a bit more complex: Mbappe wants to stay and extend, but the club has found his wage demands to be excessive (7M/year were rumoured, read it on Monaco forum a couple of weeks ago).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.