Kyogo Furuhashi - on final striker shortlist

I'll be honest, I'd never heard of this player until he was linked with us. Has a decent record in Scotland, but let's be honest, it's Scotland. I worry he'll end up as one of those players we bring in because we 'need a striker' but when Haaland is out, we don't actually trust him. Kind of like Gomez where we 'needed a left back,' but when push came to shove, we'd rather player a more talented player out of position.
Don't personally know much about this guy, but Van Dyke was doing well at Celtic when some on here were saying we should sign him, before he went to Southampton, he turned out a pretty decent player ;-)

Don't personally know much about this guy, but Van Dyke was doing well at Celtic when some on here were saying we should sign him, before he went to Southampton, he turned out a pretty decent player ;-)
Via Southampton is a key part of that though.

I remember we were linked with Edouard a few seasons ago and he looked fantastic. Ended up going to Crystal Palace and never hitting double figures.

Kyogo has this slightly weird combination of being quite old but completely inexperienced at the top level. Maybe that'll be a good thing, because he's got something to prove.

Seems versatile as well, so not only goals but assists. Seems very aware of his surroundings as well, versatile player.
I don't see why not, we are looking for a Haaland backup. This lad realistically won't be getting more than 15-20 games this season if we sign him. Remember when we signed Ortega? This lad is more established than Ortega was at that time.

Pep has shown quite often he'll play without a striker,he will happily play Foden ,Bernardo as false 9's which gives other players chances, we've already brought in Savio and Mactee is also added to the squad and you want a basically nobody adding to the squad to stunt their growth? Say what you like but 1 player out of an academy regarded to many as the best in the world isn't good enough if you keep signing unproven young players over them. When we win by 4 or 5 nil Pep has shown he's not happy and what's good for the goose is good for the gander.
We haven't played false 9 for 3 years mate, the squads changed and the tactics have changed since then, we've spent the last 2 windows signing a load of wingers to supply the strikers, we aren't setting ourselves up whereby we are forced to abandon that plan if 1 player is unavailabe. We also don't have the players to play a false 9 effectively anymore.

Nobodies growth is stunted when bringing in a new signing, the youth don't get given a free ride into the first team, they have to earn it and rightly so. part of that process is proving you're better than those infront of you, if they cannot do that, they won't get or deserve to play.

Rico Lewis wasn't handed anything when he pushed himself in ahead of cancelo who at the time was widely regarded as the best fullback in the world. Anybody good enough will always push their way in, we're not going to lower our standards just to give academy players an easier time, nor should we.

I've actually been following him since 2010.
This is in Japan. Japanese stereotypes confirmed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.