Kyogo Furuhashi - on final striker shortlist

what's @Magicpole view of this prospective transfer. Is the lad any good?
My son is a Celt and he says he had a poor last season. He looks brilliant on his highlights.

Am not particularly convinced about Kyogo. Could it work? Sure, and if we sign him I hope it will.

Just seems like an unnecessary risk to go with someone thats never even played on high level before and at 29y is unlikely to develop further. I get that we are looking for a backup and that we shouldn't expect a star but does that really mean that a 29 year old that scored 14 goals in a C-tier league last season and struggles to even get selected for Japan is the best we, a club that wants to be the best in the world, can do? I find it hard to believe this is how low we must go to find someone willing to accept that Haaland is the first choice striker and still wants to join us.

We haven't played false 9 for 3 years mate, the squads changed and the tactics have changed since then, we've spent the last 2 windows signing a load of wingers to supply the strikers, we aren't setting ourselves up whereby we are forced to abandon that plan if 1 player is unavailabe. We also don't have the players to play a false 9 effectively anymore.

Nobodies growth is stunted when bringing in a new signing, the youth don't get given a free ride into the first team, they have to earn it and rightly so. part of that process is proving you're better than those infront of you, if they cannot do that, they won't get or deserve to play.

Rico Lewis wasn't handed anything when he pushed himself in ahead of cancelo who at the time was widely regarded as the best fullback in the world. Anybody good enough will always push their way in, we're not going to lower our standards just to give academy players an easier time, nor should we.
Haaland has been here 2 years who was are striker for the 3rd year? You want to buy a striker that's 29 years old and never played in a top league. Oh Bernardo and Foden played false 9 for that 3rd year . Don't waste your time replying because I won't read as I like people that have a difference of opinion to actually know what there talking about.

If they do make a move, Celtic would look to command a sizeable transfer fee for Kyogo – with reports of a valuation in the region of £25million – having recently tied their star striker onto a new four-year contract until 2027.

F9 is an option, think pep would also like to have an option to keep a forward on deck if Haaland goes down. Both can be true.

Looks like he could be a good backup striker. It's a really tough position to fill so I don't know why some people are getting 'toys out of pram' that we're not linked to someone more high profile.

Haaland has been here 2 years who was are striker for the 3rd year? You want to buy a striker that's 29 years old and never played in a top league. Oh Bernardo and Foden played false 9 for that 3rd year . Don't waste your time replying because I won't read as I like people that have a difference of opinion to actually know what there talking about.
We are now into the third season of not playing false 9, it was 3 years ago since we started the season with false 9 as pur plan A but i suspect you knew precisely what i meant. When people turn to and solely focus on pedantry like that, as you've just done, it tends to indicate you no longer have any confidence in your own flawed opinions.

Who said i wanted us to sign him? I've not once expressed my own opinion on this particular player, I don't know enough about him to have one, but I know we desperately need a striker and if that's who txiki and Pep go with, so be it.

What I do know is that attacking midfielders james mcatee and the currently injured for several months Oscar Bobb, both of whom would never play as a striker for us in any game with something at stake, will not be seeing their growth stunted if this transfer were to take place.

They were both fucking awful at it. Shoehorning wingers in at false nine doesn't work.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.