Kyogo Furuhashi - on final striker shortlist

recurring shoulder problem. Kalvin Philips vibe again. Could we wait until the January window to see how he recovers?

TBH I would want someone very good at headers as a back up striker.
He’s had the shoulder problem for years. It’s never kept him out of a game, it just needs surgery if he wants the discomfort completely cleared for good. But he’s been playing for years with it and here would be playing even less than before. He’ll be reet.

He doesn’t pass the opposition test:

How would I feel if United/ Liverpool/ Arsenal signed him

My answer is meh!!

Doesn’t mean he’ll be a bad signing or I don’t trust the club, but hard to be excited about it just because they sign for my club.
He’s been available to play 100 games over the last 2 seasons and scored 53 goals in those games. 53 goals in 2 seasons. Not to be sniffed at in any league. He’s also a player that wasn’t ’discovered’ until about 26 or 27, something like that, so the guy would be absolutely thrilled to be here, he wouldn’t be any trouble, would work his bollocks off. He also looked fantastic against us in pre-season. I remember watching that Celtic game and commenting in the match day thread that Celtic’s forward running is insane… and most of that was Kyogo. The guy is always terrorising the backline with his movement and pace, and when the ball comes to him in the box, he’s a pretty lethal finisher.

To me he sounds like the absolute perfect Haaland backup.

He’s been available to play 100 games over the last 2 seasons and scored 53 goals in those games. 53 goals in 2 seasons. Not to be sniffed at in any league. He’s also a player that wasn’t ’discovered’ until about 26 or 27, something like that, so the guy would be absolutely thrilled to be here, he wouldn’t be any trouble, would work his bollocks off. He also looked fantastic against us in pre-season. I remember watching that Celtic game and commenting in the match day thread that Celtic’s forward running is insane… and most of that was Kyogo. The guy is always terrorising the backline with his movement and pace, and when the ball comes to him in the box, he’s a pretty lethal finisher.

The Scottish league IS to be sniffed at. It’s shite

89 G/A in the last 3 seasons. Some are really underestimating him here. Names don't play, players do. Perfect Haaland backup, IMO.

The Scottish league IS to be sniffed at. It’s shite
So no good player can possibly exist in it? That bollocks. If you’d prefer, you could look at him against Atletico Madrid when he received the ball on the corner of the box and then bamboozled them with a quick give and go before clipping the ball over Oblak.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.