Labour / Tory Party meltdown Referendum fallout

Say it enough times people may begin to believe it

Corbyn has been elected twice by less than 330000 right wing activists, on each occasion, hardly disproves he is unelectable there is a strong argument for the exact opposite.
He got my votes both times.
Sadly you voted to have a tory Government for the foreseeable future.

LOL....There in lies the rub, with the exception of Trident Corbyn is Harold Wilson, in fact in many regards Wilson was to the left of him. It is a testimony to how far right the centre ground has become that Corbyn, who is firmly in the European Social Democratic mould, is, in this small minded island, considered a radical Marxist.
When Harold Wilson was at his apogee, the working class vote was hugely determinative in relation to the outcome of general elections. Today, the professional middle classes are the Kingmakers in this land. Not saying it's right or fair, but it's undeniably true, and why your references to 'left' and 'right' are broadly anachronistic.

I want a democracy where the opposition can hold the governing party to account and challenge them in a general election. A strong opposition could and should be ahead of the tories with the state they are in over brexit, Nhs and grammar schools. Thanks to the self indulgent labour membership, the tories are getting off scot free and will walk the next election.
Hows that good democracy ?
Not saying it is good or bad.but the fact is Corbyn has been voted in twice by the membership

Shouldn't people vote on the basis of policies and not personality? I ,for one, like the thought of a different style of politics .....not your usual eton / harrow candidate with no grasp of the real world

Its not Corbyn i dislike, id vote labour over torys any day, its a lot of his followers. They have got to be some of the most annoying people on earth

Shouldn't people vote on the basis of policies and not personality? I ,for one, like the thought of a different style of politics .....not your usual eton / harrow candidate with no grasp of the real world

Cant say I've seen much sign of a new style of politics. Its a re-run of 79-83. Corbyn has replaced Foot as the well meaning, polite, inoffensive leader who allows mayhem to flourish around him. Its certainly different to the eton/harrow crew, but in its own way just as out of touch with the real world.

The likes of corbyn and abbot have NEVER had a "proper" job. They've just stumbled from one talking shop to the other. Students union, cnd, cre, stop the war etc.

Say it enough times people may begin to believe it

Corbyn has been elected twice by less than 330000 right wing activists, on each occasion, hardly disproves he is unelectable there is a strong argument for the exact opposite.
He got my votes both times.

There is no proof of anything until you have an election that contains the whole country. The majority of people who have recently joined Labour are no doubt people who were previously disenfranchised by Miliband, Blair and those years of centrist policy. I don't believe for one second that the country voted by majority for a Tory government and then will suddenly decide to go hard left, of course many Labour voters went to the right on Brexit too.. UKIP is the fastest growing party and will those 3 million people there suddenly decide to vote for Labour? People voted for Brexit on a strong basis of an anti-immigration stance, Corbyn will ensure the floodgates are opened, are 51% going to be happy about that? Are that 51% going to be happy that Corbyn will redirect the defense budget abroad in Foreign Aid....?

I think a lot will be attracted to Corbyn but the greater collective won't be attracted on policy when the Tories will always win on key issues, many underestimate how strong May is going to be on this. The Tories have given people Brexit, 51% of the electorate wanted it and they have taken control now over the process. When Labour can be discredited on the economy so easily are the electorate going to hand Labour the keys to handling what could be the most difficult time our economy has faced... I just cannot see it.

I have yet to hear anyone really say they like Corbyn's policies, most just say he is a 'nice man'.... He will win votes but will that translate into seats, I doubt it. People said the exact same of Farage, he was an honest straight talker yet still we have a Tory government. Corbyn needs to work out how he can win back Scotland first and that is yet another thing that is just not going to happen. Without Scotland he then has to overturn people who voted Tory last time, I was one of them and I don't see any reason why that will change.

He went to an independent prep school followed by a grammar school.

When exactly has Corbyn ever had a real job?

He's also said to have a net worth of nearly £1 million.

Yep, obviously in touch with the real world.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.