Lack of enthusiasm thread

The lack of enthusiasm has a lot to do with Liverpool for me. I probably sound like a moaning fuck, but so be it. First game they were shite, but got a penalty that the new rules clearly states that shouldn’t have been given, and then an individual mistake gifts them the win late in the game and they win by 1 scrappy goal. Today, two individual mistakes gifted them a win again. And that’s just after 2 games. None of this would happen with City. The dippers get so many points that they absolutely do not deserve. They play shite so often but still get away with it, and have so for 2 full seasons now. Feels like we have to fight for every point, but Liverpool is just given them. The refs or the opponents always seem to find some creative way of handing it on a plate for them
i wouldnt get too down because of liverpool , they are a fucking good team,they get luck but they make it, its easy to say they get this and that and that's why they win, when they play shit they do enough to win, they work their socks off, weve done that plenty of times in the past champion winning seasons,so hats off to them,theres too much liverpool are lucky and use that as an excuse, we have a great team ,we need to up it this season or liverpool will win the league again, they are up there with the best in europe, and we need to match them or they will walk it again

Can’t wait for the game.
As you know Mike I can get as depressed as anyone but I’m with you can’t wait to watch the boys. I can’t get my head around some of the comments on this thread. Now if we were still being managed by Alan Ball, Frank Clarke or Stuart fucking Pearce then they might have a point.

Looking forward to watching the new boys tonight especially, but still not feeling that new season excitement. I watched half an hour of the scum game the other day, out of boredom more than anything else, and that's all i;ve seen of all the games so far.

I'll be taking the little one up for her bedtime routine tonight and don't expect to be able to see the first half, and it really doesn't bother me that much. A combination of VAR, no fans, no proper pre-season and the short space of time since the last season finished are bound to make this kind of thing happen though.

Might feel different once we start banging them in, I certianly hope so, but i fear football is becoming something of an occasional distraction for me, rather than the priority it always was.

Out of interest, does anyone know if live football viewing figures have increased substantially since March? I guess the expectation was that they would, but I honestly don't know many who are watching as much or even the same as they were before. Even my whatsapp groups on football are silent, like there hasn't been a game for months, save for the Liverpool fan who occasionally posts things such as 'Thiago!' and 'European and English Champions Boyz!' But nobody can be arsed replying to him.

Maybe it is nerves, a bit. Come on City, give me something to cheer tonight.

Hot bovril, "Mind your car mister", Blue AC Invalid cars at the corner flag, Big Mal's fedora, Johnny Crossan, Rattles, 53 bus............
Staggered blue crush barriers, walking through the concrete exit tunnels, Trumans for steel sign, thin match programmes, football pink, Maynes coach to the ground, kids squeezing through the turnstiles 2or3 at a time,..

I think that's up and down the country with football and non football. The only forum(s) that seems excited by football is both Scouse teams boards and maybe them lot from Yorkshire

i wouldnt get too down because of liverpool , they are a fucking good team,they get luck but they make it, its easy to say they get this and that and that's why they win, when they play shit they do enough to win, they work their socks off, weve done that plenty of times in the past champion winning seasons,so hats off to them,theres too much liverpool are lucky and use that as an excuse, we have a great team ,we need to up it this season or liverpool will win the league again, they are up there with the best in europe, and we need to match them or they will walk it again

They are nothing more than Wimbledon with better players

I have a lack of enthusiasm for life in general at the moment. Everything feels soulless and football is not exempt from this.

The world is treading water and we are all wasting a significant period of our lives on the planet which is quite depressing really. Everyone is being robbed.

I hope you're not doing the team-talk

Bizarre rush of nerves, general swearing and sudden enthusiasm for 50 th year + Even tonights game was a rollercoaster , City dont do easy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.