Lack of enthusiasm thread

It’s not particularly about City being good or shit, that’s just a small part of it.

How the price of footy has gone; so many long standing and even fairly young home+away fans have fallen away from our support; we don’t have a proper vocal stand; there are barely any drinking holes around the Etihad; the feeling that the club would happily replace all of us for people who would buy corporate packages or tickets from the tout sites; how such a huge chunk of our away allocations go to corporates and ticket tout sites; many feel like they’ve never felt a bigger disconnect from the club/players; some players don’t acknowledge the fans after games at home and even away these days; how VAR has fucking ruined all goals whether it’s used or not and that the special thing about the game has disappeared (that elation when a goal is scored); the way City are portrayed in the media has gone too far; the way the governing bodies and other clubs seem to want to stop us and that we aren’t welcome; and how there are no fans in the stadiums at the moment and people are starting to realise that the actual game on the strip of grass isn’t actually as good as we think it is and isn’t as good as it should be and that fans and atmosphere make this sport special and we just can’t get excited about it at the moment...

Not all of these things are my opinion. For example, I don’t give a shit about how the media portray City and the fact that other clubs don’t want us at the top gives me a bit of fire in my belly. But for some fans, these things have brow beaten them over the last decade.
We were the ugly duckling who has turned into a majestic swan...

Football and watching City winning games in football stadiums definitely brightens up the days / weeks , it always has , but i didnt even bother to watch thw Wolves game , had booked a meal at a nice restaurant and forgot it coincided with the match , normally the meal would have been re=arranged , but i didnt have the inclination i just looked at my phone for score updates , i am just not into the new generation of football that has been forced upon us
Watching football on television all the time is soulless and i cannot understand how the couch potatoes with their Sky remotes can get so engrossed or enthused , and listening to the continued agenda the media and pundits have against our football club is tiresome , love City but hate football on the box
Getting through a British winter with no football day-outs will be a huge challenge. It has been a central part of my life (especially away matches) since the late 1960s. Football on TV is better than nothing.

Winter coming, lockdowns looming. No holidays. No golf. No pub.

Never has my week been more centred on when City play. Glass of wine, lights dimmed. Feet up.
Careful what you wish for, as a total lockdown will lead to a depressing Winter.

Bit of doom and gloom going on, ye, it's not ideal! I look at it if you cannot go what better way to spend your afternoon or evening watching the blues on the TV or a stream or radio. Like I said, not ideal but it's better than nowt!

Like many out there, regardless of club, VAR is slowly starting to kill it for me. The arbitrary manner in which it can impose itself on a match and completely change its course is not what this game was built for, and not at all what it's about.

Last edited:
Genuinely back to not being arsed to watch MOTD.

I’ll watch our games but after that I’m really not bothered.

I've felt like that about MoTD for a long time now, I only watch if we've won, or when rag have lost, then occasionally if there's a bonkers game (unless it's one of the red shits winning).

It's strange, even though I'm happy in life I seem to hate our rivals more and more these days. I can't watch rags or scouse winning, it makes me so angry. Jealous when they make star signings. It's the expectation that City should batter everyone that means more games are frustrating now. I feel we've regressed since the Centurions season because of mediocre transfers instead of putting our feet on rivals' throats while we were at our peak.

With var basically used as a points gaining vehicle for rags and scousers my joy of football is pretty much gone. Us being too nice in the face of this blatant bias makes it more frustrating.

Better to watch and follow the rugby instead; Exeter v Toulouse was a cracker yesterday! And it's great having stars like Tuilagi & de Klerk at the Sharks.

Yes there's no fans at Premier League games but that doesn't mean you can't go football. Loads of clubs from Step 3 down would be delighted to have your support.

I look forward to my Saturdays at football.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.