Lack of enthusiasm thread

I'm getting back in to it now. I used to run my life around watching the team. I'm going to write this season off due to COVID-19 but look at some matches again for 2021/22.

I'll be living in Liverpool of all places so it's not too arduous by train.

I enjoyed tonight's match and I'm looking forward to watching the kids in the Carabao on Thursday.

Like us all, I hate empty-stands football but I really enjoyed that last night. Looking forward to Thursday’s game as well!

If I am honest, I am still trying to force myself in to excitement for football in general, even after yesterday’s match.

I’m missing it now didn't think I would after the re-start but yes I’ve got withdrawal symptoms oddly I’m missing the away games more than the home games, knowing I had a trip to the smoke or wherever Lined up the following week got me through the week .
The war office has done her best to keep my spirits up by plenty of trips to ikea where I get treated to a match day hot dog !! Her words not mine.

Football and watching City winning games in football stadiums definitely brightens up the days / weeks , it always has , but i didnt even bother to watch thw Wolves game , had booked a meal at a nice restaurant and forgot it coincided with the match , normally the meal would have been re=arranged , but i didnt have the inclination i just looked at my phone for score updates , i am just not into the new generation of football that has been forced upon us
Watching football on television all the time is soulless and i cannot understand how the couch potatoes with their Sky remotes can get so engrossed or enthused , and listening to the continued agenda the media and pundits have against our football club is tiresome , love City but hate football on the box

I had little interest in the opening weekend although caught bits of it, like you do. As soon as we kicked off on Monday though I was ready and enthused, helped by the quality of our performance too!

Chances of an early emergency use vaccine authorisation look to have receded in the USA as the FDA are rumoured to be changing the approval process. Meanwhile the Oxford vaccine trial remains suspended in the US. A small counter to that is that any uptick in UK infection rates might improve its chances of getting a significant number of events.

The news about coronavirus inside the football squads even if asymptomatic is a problem. Is this a blip, or a hangover from the start of the season? Could impact the domestic Cups as their testing regimes don't appear to be as strong as those in the Premier League.

Chances of an early emergency use vaccine authorisation look to have receded in the USA as the FDA are rumoured to be changing the approval process. Meanwhile the Oxford vaccine trial remains suspended in the US. A small counter to that is that any uptick in UK infection rates might improve its chances of getting a significant number of events.

The news about coronavirus inside the football squads even if asymptomatic is a problem. Is this a blip, or a hangover from the start of the season? Could impact the domestic Cups as their testing regimes don't appear to be as strong as those in the Premier League.

This season, English Football League clubs do not have to do mandatory coronavirus tests on players and staff. Leyton Orient only found out about their players testing positive as Spurs paid for their testing.

Quote from the BBC story: "If I was doing this again I would not do the testing," Orient chairman Mark Travis told BBC Radio 5 Live.

"This is an incentive not to test and that is bad for football and bad for health and safety."

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.