Lakey's Blue Tuesday question: Dearly Departed Players...

Ed68 said:
exileindevon said:
ditto, barnes and owen.owen had a beautiful touch almost brazillian like,certainly hoddle like and barnsey flying down that wing gave me moments of pleasure i was not to see again for many a year.if memory serves i think it was owen who shed tears after being told he was being sold.he later went on to find solace in meat pies.

Apparently Owen's Dad drove him down there and said it was like taking a dog to the vet to be put down.

I was also gutted to lose those two but was probably too young to fully appreciate what was happening.
i think owen was on granada reports at the time and to say he was gutted would be an understatement.

all the players that allison got rid of in his cull, he sold our crown jewels and bought a bag of shit.

perhaps the turning point in making a successful club drop in to oblivion.

Two stand out for me. Michael Hughes being sold to Strasbourg i really couldn't get my head round, he was so skillfull and i remember him tearing Arsenal apart at Maine Road.
The second was on Paul Stewart he was my hero when i was in School he was my hero and my best mate was a spurs fan which made it worse when he left for them.

Lets just hope Stevie Ireland never leaves or i could end up having a daily conversation with the samaritans!!

BLUE BELLS said:
Two stand out for me. Michael Hughes being sold to Strasbourg i really couldn't get my head round, he was so skillfull and i remember him tearing Arsenal apart at Maine Road.
The second was on Paul Stewart he was my hero when i was in School he was my hero and my best mate was a spurs fan which made it worse when he left for them.

Lets just hope Stevie Ireland never leaves or i could end up having a daily conversation with the samaritans!!
i agree with you, when somebody very special comes through your youth ranks you need to embrace them, not only saving you millions in the transfer market but as a magnet for attracting boys to our club. they can see how he has progressed to hold his own with the multi million pound players.

To be honest I wasn't mega gutted when kinky left, I was more frustrated that we had one of the most gifted players in Europe yet couldn't get a team or system for him to help us achieve team success.
Like many, swp was a huge disappointment. I remember being at macc for the pre season friendly when word got out about him requesting permissionofo speak to Chelsea. So gutted!
However the biggest regret for me was when Kendall let bishop go. He was a superb player in my opinion and I think kendall never really got through that in terms if being accepted by the fans, despite the progress we made under his short reign. Bishop was a class act and superbly fitted in with theother talented lads at the time such as lakey, hinchcliffe, White etc..
Some other good calls on here; selling flitcroft was accepting relegation, michael Hughes should never have left and I was also gutted when we couldn't keep hold of berkovic or van buyten
sorry for typo errors, trying to do this on phone!!!!

lancs blue said:
Q: Which player were you most gutted to see leave Manchester City and why?

Clive Wilson for me, he'd been showing so much skill and flair in a team that was always heading for relegation in 1987 and it was utterly depressing to realise he wouldn't be around the following season.

Keep up the good work, Lakey.

Same one for me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.