Lampard To City On Loan

Corky said:
City 'youngsters' are mainly from abroad too though. I don't know them too well but Greg Leigh was being promoted on the site, not sure how many other pre-season friendly EDS players are local.

It doesn't really matter where they are from, I just like to see city develop players, like zabaleta and kompany. We bought them relatively young and they feel like they are part of the club.

cleavers said:
Blankomania said:
No its about giving a youngster a chance to prove himself, instead of lampard who will be gone from the club in january.
Unless I've mised something, the Nigerian kid is

a) not yet officially our player, and
b) very unlikely to be eligible for a work permit to play for us

so his chances of getting a chance are at best slim.

I also don't think that Lampard will play in the PL again, he basically said as much when he decided to leave Chelsea.

As I said it's not about who it is it's about developing a player to be part of the soul of the club. Whether its nacho zuculini, huws, evans(wheres he at?), fofana ,rekik etc

BlueMo' said:
It's just so he can train at top level and maintain his fitness.
It's no big deal.
It's not "just" that at all. He will play for us, mainly in the Capital One cup, plus the odd sub appearance to help see a game out with his experience. If it was "just" to train and keep fit, we wouldn't need to sign him and pay [some of] his wages. We would just invite him along to carrington. There'd be no need to give him a contract.

Blankomania said:
Blue Punter said:
Before the start of every season, whenever a player being signed is mentioned there's always the cry of "We've got enough cover in that position".

However there always seems to be at least one game a season where we're short of options. Just to remind everyone, versus Chelsea we had MDM playing in central midfield. Now I know we've signed Fernando, but we will also lose Yaya during a really busy period.

I find it really strange people questioning the motives of our manager and boardroom. More often than not, they call it absolutely right. If they feel Lampard is worth taking a chance on, that will do for me.

Several things
I didn't say don't sign him, i said its a fitness thing and he will hardly play, so it's not a big deal.
People complain on bluemoon all the time about youngsters not getting a chance, just saying.

If he will hardly get a game then why get fixated on him not allowing youngsters the chance.

If youngsters are good enough they will get a chance.

They will be few and far between as that is the level we are now at. There will be no "giving someone a chance". They are either good enough or not.

Garcia out to make room for Mangala and Lampard in to provide central midfield cover.

Bit of a no-brainer really.

Tricky_Trev said:
BlueMo' said:
It's just so he can train at top level and maintain his fitness.
It's no big deal.
It's not "just" that at all. He will play for us, mainly in the Capital One cup, plus the odd sub appearance to help see a game out with his experience. If it was "just" to train and keep fit, we wouldn't need to sign him and pay [some of] his wages. We would just invite him along to carrington. There'd be no need to give him a contract.

Well if that's the case, (and you seem to be well clued up about the finer details of the deal) I'd much prefer seeing
our young players on the teamsheet than fat Frank

Great signing. Basically for free while we can loan out zucclini and sell Garcia. God knows what happens to Rodwell. I wonder how much we'd get for Rodwell, Richards, Garcia and Sinclair? Got to be at least 15 mill for all of them. We should piss ffp this year.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.