Lance Armstrong Oprah Interview

chesterbells said:
didactic said:
Guys go back to Balco these guys are all juicing he said that most professional athletes were on something. It gets brushed under the table because sport as we know it would simply die.

What would the effect be on the Premier League do you think?

Look at the Ronaldo transformation from skinny buck tooth dangly player to the muscle bound 30plus goals a season machine. If we found that all our idols were medicated to perform their jobs the game would lose trillions. Read Jose Cansecos book he said he know lots of pro athletes some with records to their names he shared needles with. My family hate it but I think Usain Bolt and his whole crew are juicing. I believe most pros do.<br /><br />-- Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:53 pm --<br /><br />
cbeebies is poo said:
can we not watch the interview anywhere?

Google it and type 'putlocker'.

Diddy is spot on.

Many of you will be very disappointed if youre of the opinion Lance is in a minority when it comes to cheating,its rife,the positives far outweigh potential negatives.

Has anyone in this thread or everyone in this thread combined come close to matching the amount of money he's raised for cancer ? As suspect as his reasons are for doing it ,it still happened . People have credited him with inspiring people to "SURVIVE" cancer , even if he tricked them into believing they could over come a deadly disease ,still a pretty positive thing to happen.

I mean if messi got to take drugs to get taller when he was younger why can't 1 ball take some testosterone?

I think lance sucks don't get me wrong,, seems a real piece of garbage, but "biggest cheat in the history of sports" is doubtful .

Have to agree with Deedaktic, it's more than likely that doping is rife in sport.

rick773 said:
Has anyone in this thread or everyone in this thread combined come close to matching the amount of money he's raised for cancer ? As suspect as his reasons are for doing it ,it still happened . People have credited him with inspiring people to "SURVIVE" cancer , even if he tricked them into believing they could over come a deadly disease ,still a pretty positive thing to happen.

I mean if messi got to take drugs to get taller when he was younger why can't 1 ball take some testosterone?

I think lance sucks don't get me wrong,, seems a real piece of garbage, but "biggest cheat in the history of sports" is doubtful .
It's not about the drugs though is it. It's more about the lives he's fucked up on the way. He has no connection with that reality.

chesterbells said:
AustinBlue said:
SWP's back said:
You really haven't thought this through have you.

Look up what he received from his career of cheating.

Research his vile attitude and willingness to billy, cojole and threaten anyone that got in his way.

Not just bully... but actively destroy those who got in his way. His wealth and celebrity were built on lies and cheating. The entire brand is a fraud. He can go on with his private life - but he seems to think that he can come clean and remain a celebrity with some sort of leadership role in sports or fundraising.... As if the world owes him a chance to stay "at the table"of earning special money and being up front for anything at all. If he had any decency, he would find something that truly shows repentance to do, outside of the limelight. Like give away all his winnings and sponsorship money, and go fix bikes for poor kids to ride, and do it away from the media. He's not sorry. He's sorry he got caught. Which is why he didn't admit anything until it was impossible to draw any other conclusion apart from the fact that he had ruthlessly lied and cheated his way through life. Meanwhile he lives in a multi million dollar house in the nicest neighborhood, enjoying all the spoils.

What's the reaction like in Texas pal?
Is there any of the local media supporting him in any way?

He was a big deal in Austin. A really big deal. He casts a shadow over the town, with Livestrong foundation, several bars (including Six bar after he "won" his Sixth Tour), a bike shop and had been the top of the Austin A list for celebrities alongside people like Matthew McConaughey. All the people I know are dismayed, stunned, saddened, angry... they want him to disappear. The apology came too late and was too limited. No local media are supporting him. Some are less critical than others - just reporting the facts.

rick773 said:

A lot of money was raised indeed and that is a good thing... But now it looks like it was one big con to make himself a hero above criticism rather than genuinely wanting to do something great. He made it very very hard for the Foundation to distance themselves from him personally once the scandal broke open. His image helped attract money for cancer treatment for a number of years - who knows if that money would have gone to a different foundation instead. He probably loosened up some donors that liked the hero image. But the damage from finding that it was built on the reputation of a liar is going to hurt donations to like causes for years. I find it hard to feel charitable towards him.

FantasyIreland said:
Diddy is spot on.

Many of you will be very disappointed if youre of the opinion Lance is in a minority when it comes to cheating,its rife,the positives far outweigh potential negatives.

He is spot on, yeah, IMO.

Your username is interesting.<br /><br />-- Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:41 pm --<br /><br />
AustinBlue said:
chesterbells said:
AustinBlue said:
Not just bully... but actively destroy those who got in his way. His wealth and celebrity were built on lies and cheating. The entire brand is a fraud. He can go on with his private life - but he seems to think that he can come clean and remain a celebrity with some sort of leadership role in sports or fundraising.... As if the world owes him a chance to stay "at the table"of earning special money and being up front for anything at all. If he had any decency, he would find something that truly shows repentance to do, outside of the limelight. Like give away all his winnings and sponsorship money, and go fix bikes for poor kids to ride, and do it away from the media. He's not sorry. He's sorry he got caught. Which is why he didn't admit anything until it was impossible to draw any other conclusion apart from the fact that he had ruthlessly lied and cheated his way through life. Meanwhile he lives in a multi million dollar house in the nicest neighborhood, enjoying all the spoils.

What's the reaction like in Texas pal?
Is there any of the local media supporting him in any way?

He was a big deal in Austin. A really big deal. He casts a shadow over the town, with Livestrong foundation, several bars (including Six bar after he "won" his Sixth Tour), a bike shop and had been the top of the Austin A list for celebrities alongside people like Matthew McConaughey. All the people I know are dismayed, stunned, saddened, angry... they want him to disappear. The apology came too late and was too limited. No local media are supporting him. Some are less critical than others - just reporting the facts.

Thanks for the reply; that's heartening to read

el blue said:
malg said:
el blue said:
Greatest cyclist of all time - regardless.
Hahaha - I'll be disappointed if anyone bites at that.

perhaps the word 'great' is a bad choice... essentially I believe that on drugs or off drugs he would have dominated any era of cycling.

Lance dominated almost an era of Tour de France, not cycling.
Eddy Merckx is the greatest cyclist of all time, he dominated cycling in his time.
And yes, Merckx also doped. They all dope. I think only few don't or didn't dope.
In more recent times, the urge to dope will have grown alot.
You simply needed to dope to reach a podium or be one of the makers of the race.

I simply do not understand why all this hypocrisy still remains, signing anti-doping charters etc, while it's obvious for the world to see what's going on.
Come clean with it, either root it all out or allow the use of doping. Don't fake the fans, because racing throughout the whole of France, including mountains, during 3 weeks at those speeds isn't humanly possible on just water and bread.
Anyway, they will always at the minimum balance on the boundaries of what products or medicine are allowed and which known products are not.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.