Lap of honour

urmston said:
bgblue said:
urmston said:
I don't like drawn out trophy presentations.

Even after seeing Sergio score the winner v QPR right in front of my eyes, ending 44 years of wait since I last remembered City winning the league in 1968, I was getting a bit bored by the time the trophy was presented.
You are strange. I, and most people around me at the time, never wanted it to end

Not strange, just older.

Trophy presentations and laps of honour take ages these days, much longer than they used to.

When City won cup in 2011 and the league in 2012 and 2014, the excitement of the moment was totally lost by the long wait to set up all the corporate stuff on the pitch, and the lap of honour was painfully slow too.

I want to see the trophy presented quickly, a brisk lap of honour and then off to the pub or wherever to celebrate.

Don't bore me with stages festooned with adverts being set up on the pitch, everyone from the manager to the tea lady coming out for a cheer, and fireworks and confetti style bits of paper flying around.
Are you serious?

The excitement was lost in 2012 because the presentation took about 20 mins.

Fucking hell

Paulmcfc2703 said:
urmston said:
bgblue said:
You are strange. I, and most people around me at the time, never wanted it to end

Not strange, just older.

Trophy presentations and laps of honour take ages these days, much longer than they used to.

When City won cup in 2011 and the league in 2012 and 2014, the excitement of the moment was totally lost by the long wait to set up all the corporate stuff on the pitch, and the lap of honour was painfully slow too.

I want to see the trophy presented quickly, a brisk lap of honour and then off to the pub or wherever to celebrate.

Don't bore me with stages festooned with adverts being set up on the pitch, everyone from the manager to the tea lady coming out for a cheer, and fireworks and confetti style bits of paper flying around.
Are you serious?

The excitement was lost in 2012 because the presentation took about 20 mins.

Fucking hell
It took 10 minutes to clear the pitch !

The only problem with 2012 was the pitch invasion,i wanted to celebrate with the players on the pitch rather than legging it off down the tunnel,We will stay as long as possible on Sunday,it's a long time until August!

M9 Blue said:
The only problem with 2012 was the pitch invasion,i wanted to celebrate with the players on the pitch rather than legging it off down the tunnel,We will stay as long as possible on Sunday,it's a long time until August!

The pitch invasion was the best bit. Real spontaneous celebration. Pity the official ceremony was so drawn out.

On Sunday I'll stay a minute or so longer than usual to clap the players off the pitch but I won't be hanging around for any lap of appreciation.

urmston said:
bgblue said:
urmston said:
I don't like drawn out trophy presentations.

Even after seeing Sergio score the winner v QPR right in front of my eyes, ending 44 years of wait since I last remembered City winning the league in 1968, I was getting a bit bored by the time the trophy was presented.

Not strange, just older.

But it gives those without a ticket time to find a way inside the stadium.

Gray said:
What concerns me is if the team put in a performance like the Norwich one in 2013.

If that happens there will not be many spectators left by the end of the match.

I don't think they will repeat another shite performance like Norwich the way we have finished this season. But, yes that's why I had a problem with staying behind after the Norwich match. I stayed to clap the season, but I got the impression one of the reasons why the players wanted their WAGS and kids on the pitch was because they couldn't be bothered with the fans and wanted to make it feel less of a chore by having their families with them.

Gray said:
What concerns me is if the team put in a performance like the Norwich one in 2013.

If that happens there will not be many spectators left by the end of the match.

That turned into a really unpleasant atmosphere. Players and fans turning on each other, fans turning on each other, dickheads coming on here ranting about they hated other City fans in certain parts of the ground after the game and losing to fucking Norwich.

At least Jack Rodwell had his moment and Baggies spoilt Pisscan's final game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.