Lassana Diarra Vs NDJ

Sabster said:
But it has though - I back everything I say up and I am fair.

I concede De Jonh is a good DM (his composure on the ball is good) but he is far from great or world class.

I disagree, you rarely back what you say up with anything more than an opinion and your completely one sided against NDJ, you've started plenty of threads slagging him, far more than any (if any) you've started to praise him.

Godfather said:
All this thread proves is that sabster has awful judgement of players ability.

Thank god he's not one of our scouts.

Another great reasoned post -

explain how De Jong is better..<br /><br />-- Wed May 04, 2011 8:12 am --<br /><br />
Failsworth_Blue said:
Sabster said:

I concede De Jonh is a good DM (his composure on the ball is good) but he is far from great or world class.

In your opinion what does 'world class' mean?

In the best 23 players (a aquad) in the world.

Diarra is shit hot iv always rated him but Nige is the better player for me.

I dont remember the last time Nige mistimed a tackle!

GStar said:
Sabster said:

I disagree, you rarely back what you say up with anything more than an opinion and your completely one sided against NDJ, you've started plenty of threads slagging him, far more than any (if any) you've started to praise him.

I think I have started maybe 2 or 3 threads about De Jong at most. I have backed up what I say about him with stats to many times to count. But they always get discarded as "He does things on a pitch which stats can't track"<br /><br />-- Wed May 04, 2011 8:25 am --<br /><br />
Stillsy said:
Diarra is shit hot iv always rated him but Nige is the better player for me.

I dont remember the last time Nige mistimed a tackle!

dejongalonso.gif

i can not believe what i am seeing here.

ndj is one of if not the best dm in world football. hes always been a great tackler and reader of the game but hes passing has improved massivly this year.

lassana is a good player but not in the same league as ndj, as someone has said previous he struggles to make the team. 3 or 4 good games dont make you world class its when you perform week in week out as ndj does.

I'm not even sure why I'm replying to this thread.

wtf is the point of it apart from continuing a "look at me, I think NDJ is crap" agenda.

It's possible that Diara is better than NDJ (debatable) but the fact remains that NDJ plays for City, regularly wins MOTM awards, has over 50 caps for one of the top 4 national teams in the world, our loss statistics back up that without him we are a much poorer team and City fans (99%+ probably) think he's great.

I and many other people don't give a flying fuck if you think Diara is the best DM since sliced bread. What annoys me is you seem to be continually slagging off one of our players who has proven to be a key player in our system. Before you mention it, I don't care if there could be better DMs around - what matters is we currently have one who plays with his heart on his sleeve and gives everything, every game for City.

Why compare him with some random DM who plays for another team, it's completely irrelevant as we don't have both in the same squad.

Your one-man (ok, two-man) crusade to slag off NDJ is getting really tiresome and boring.

Lass was brilliant last night and he is a fantastic player but you should go check out the games NDJ has missed for us this season and see how many of them we have lost!

De Jong is absolutely brilliant and will hopefully be our DM for the next 6/7 years. We still have many places to fill in the side, defensive midfield isn't one of them.

Haha, Diarra better than NJD! Is he fucking bollocks like man!

My fear actually is that RM see what both Kompany and NDJ are doing for us and decide they want them at their place. In my opinion they, (RM), have nevere properly replaced Makelele, and NDJ fits the bill. Their defence looks ropey too, hence they could go for Kompany and that is another reason to give him the captaincy.

bluemoondays said:
I'm not even sure why I'm replying to this thread.

wtf is the point of it apart from continuing a "look at me, I think NDJ is crap" agenda.

It's possible that Diara is better than NDJ (debatable) but the fact remains that NDJ plays for City, regularly wins MOTM awards, has over 50 caps for one of the top 4 national teams in the world, our loss statistics back up that without him we are a much poorer team and City fans (99%+ probably) think he's great.

I and many other people don't give a flying fuck if you think Diara is the best DM since sliced bread. What annoys me is you seem to be continually slagging off one of our players who has proven to be a key player in our system. Before you mention it, I don't care if there could be better DMs around - what matters is we currently have one who plays with his heart on his sleeve and gives everything, every game for City.

Why compare him with some random DM who plays for another team, it's completely irrelevant as we don't have both in the same squad.

Your one-man (ok, two-man) crusade to slag off NDJ is getting really tiresome and boring.

Can you quote me anywhere where I have "slagged off" De Jong - I haven't and I won't.

I am sure it is alright for you to slag off Barry incessantly. But I am not allowed to have a discussion about De Jong.

IMO De Jong lacks the Pace and Athleticism that CDMs have to have and is too easily bypassed. He is also slows down our attacks. He doesn't make enough tackles (less than Barry and 20th in the league (Mascherano made 3x tackles when he was in the PL))

Pigeonho said:
Haha, Diarra better than NJD! Is he fucking bollocks like man!

My fear actually is that RM see what both Kompany and NDJ are doing for us and decide they want them at their place. In my opinion they, (RM), have nevere properly replaced Makelele, and NDJ fits the bill. Their defence looks ropey too, hence they could go for Kompany and that is another reason to give him the captaincy.

Kompany and NDJ are going nowhere.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.