Lassana Diarra Vs NDJ

Sabster said:
bluemoondays said:
Can you quote me anywhere where I have "slagged off" De Jong - I haven't and I won't.

I am sure it is alright for you to slag off Barry incessantly. But I am not allowed to have a discussion about De Jong.

IMO De Jong lacks the Pace and Athleticism that CDMs have to have and is too easily bypassed. He is also slows down our attacks. He doesn't make enough tackles (less than Barry and 20th in the league (Mascherano made 3x tackles when he was in the PL))

And it's because of misrepresented little ditties like these why I, and the majority of the board treat your jimmy hill analysis with a pinch of Colombian.......
You're a deluded pup who doesn't grasp the role he plays, ffs he makes less tackles, are you really so blinkered that you don't realise why?

Sabster said:
bluemoondays said:
I'm not even sure why I'm replying to this thread.

wtf is the point of it apart from continuing a "look at me, I think NDJ is crap" agenda.

It's possible that Diara is better than NDJ (debatable) but the fact remains that NDJ plays for City, regularly wins MOTM awards, has over 50 caps for one of the top 4 national teams in the world, our loss statistics back up that without him we are a much poorer team and City fans (99%+ probably) think he's great.

I and many other people don't give a flying fuck if you think Diara is the best DM since sliced bread. What annoys me is you seem to be continually slagging off one of our players who has proven to be a key player in our system. Before you mention it, I don't care if there could be better DMs around - what matters is we currently have one who plays with his heart on his sleeve and gives everything, every game for City.

Why compare him with some random DM who plays for another team, it's completely irrelevant as we don't have both in the same squad.

Your one-man (ok, two-man) crusade to slag off NDJ is getting really tiresome and boring.

Can you quote me anywhere where I have "slagged off" De Jong - I haven't and I won't.

I am sure it is alright for you to slag off Barry incessantly. But I am not allowed to have a discussion about De Jong.

IMO De Jong lacks the Pace and Athleticism that CDMs have to have and is too easily bypassed. He is also slows down our attacks. He doesn't make enough tackles (less than Barry and 20th in the league (Mascherano made 3x tackles when he was in the PL))

I'm going to add this final piece to this senseless post.

Because Mascherano made 3x more tackles than de Jong doesn't support a sense of being 'better', just that Javier M had to do MORE work in a poor midfield(a point that could well be offered to the Diarra debate). His partner was Alonso who hardly tackled, but started attacks.

de Jong is in a mid that shares the work load, therefore his defensive stats would naturally come down as a result. Hardly a way to measure events.

I wish you would THINK before you post such nonsense...

Bigga said:
I'm going to add this final piece to this senseless post.

Because Mascherano made 3x more tackles than de Jong doesn't support a sense of being 'better', just that Javier M had to do MORE work in a poor midfield(a point that could well be offered to the Diarra debate). His partner was Alonso who hardly tackled, but started attacks.

de Jong is in a mid that shares the work load, therefore his defensive stats would naturally come down as a result. Hardly a way to measure events.

I wish you would THINK before you post such nonsense...

Then why has Gareth Barry made more tackles?

Sabster said:
Griff93 said:
I got to page 8 and nearly pulled my todger off in frustration!

What a load of shit. De Jong is the best defensive midfielder in the world FACT! Diarra is nowhere near his level.

Spot on but he's had a good game now though so he's the greatest defensive midfielder in the world. Laughable.

I can't be bothered to post in this thread as it is like banging your head against a brick wall.

But what I will say is, watch the performance (this weekend) of both NDJ and Diarra and watch the difference - it is large.

What I will say is that I've been watching Madrid and City all season and De Jong is by far the better, more consistent player. Diarra has been shite for most of the season and now after one good game he's better than De Jong? Do me a favor mate.

Drugs are bad!

Diarra isn't fit enough to wipe De Jong's arse after ten curry suppers.

Throw this one back, do you think people will wake up to the actual fact Vincent Kompany is one of the best central defenders in Europe when Champions League exposure affords him it?

Same will go for Nige.

Don't remember people calling him world class whilst at Pompey, after rejection from Arsenal and Chelsea.

Funny what putting on a Real Madrid shirt will do to your ratings.

contender for one of the worse ever threads on this site this thread!

diara is a top world class defensive mid but to state a thread simply intending to say hes better than de jong is clueless

for 1 de jong is a better defensive mid and for 2 even if he wasnt this is a city football forum to start a thread like this is just intended to piss people off, need to grow up sabster.

Dax777 said:
I am sory TCF, but this is whiny stuff. Who hates our players?
And for someone who just condemned Sabster's 99% statistic as being pulled out of thin air (which I agree with by the way) it is quite ironic that you think "everyone says you are wrong" care to share where that was plucked from?
Look these are just opinions. And unless you are a child, it isn't so unusual for there to be players on other teams that are better than their city City opposite number.
Messi> Tevez, Ronaldo>Balo, Shrek>Dzeko, Iniesta>Silva, Busquet>Yaya, Mash> Nigel, Neuer> Hart, Cole>Kolarov, Alves>Micah, Pepe>Lescott, SIlva>Kompany. Knowledge of this or statement about it doesn't make me any less of a City fan.

I like my team, but don't have to share the same opinion with a majority of its supporters. They are no more knowledgeable, and group think, is not evidence of correctness. So lets agree to disagree when you don't share my opinion. But lets cut out the fake guilt trip that isn't fooling anyone. Your opinion is no more valid than mine. You can either argue why you hold your opinion or choose not too. Those who do play fair, those who don't try to win by guilt. As if winning was possible.

It is an opinion. Deal!!!!

well for a start, i think there are 3 people on this thread who prefer diarra. but i never said "everyone thinks you are wrong" i said sometimes if everyone is telling you that you are wrong then maybe you are. so take from that what you will.

also i wasn't talking about you in particular because you seem to actually have reasons for things that you say. for people who hate our players i would refer you to the irish posters who continually write shit about shay being far superior to hart in every way.

and as for calling me whiny and saying that i'm trying to guilt trip people. really? if that's how you see it then whatever. i'm just sick of reading the same people saying the same things about the same players. if you feel guilty about that then i don't actually care but i would be very surprised.
have an opinion fine but don't try and force it down my throat (not aimed at you in particular) i like to keep an open mind and maybe ndj isn't the best in the world. but he's the best in the uk. i hope some of the people who don't like him keep their minds just a little open.

Diarra isn't even the best DM on his own team.. He's actually not the 2nd best either

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.