Lassana Diarra Vs NDJ

TCF I am Irish and have posted in defence of Hart as have other Irish posters and I think its a bit sly to bring a group of posters into your little debate just to try and shift the spotlight off you,if you cant make your point without smoke and mirrors maybe you shouldnt bother.

watched some of the game last night...

you talk about this "level" that diarra played at and if de jong did that regualry he could be the best...

seems like many other people i failed to see what diarra did last night, that he de jong doesnt do every game.. infact from what i saw... i dont think that diarra was that good at all.. gave the ball away on numerous occasions.. once noticeably to messi which lead to the shot from villa and the good save.

You talk of a world class performance but from what i saw it was far from world class. he didnt dominate in defence... key for a dm, you see game after game, de jong dominate middle battles, with tackles and aggresion, he may not play the ball aswell as diarra, probably down to our extremely slow build up play. but as for dominating the midfield, you see de jong purely by having other midfielders in his pocket because they know as soon as they get the ball he is on them like a rash and they go into there shell and dont want the ball, that is why he is the best at his job..

Stillsy said:
Diarra is shit hot iv always rated him but Nige is the better player for me.

I dont remember the last time Nige mistimed a tackle!
Really?

-- Wed May 04, 2011 11:33 am --

Griff93 said:
Sabster said:
I can't be bothered to post in this thread as it is like banging your head against a brick wall.

But what I will say is, watch the performance (this weekend) of both NDJ and Diarra and watch the difference - it is large.

What I will say is that I've been watching Madrid and City all season and De Jong is by far the better, more consistent player. Diarra has been shite for most of the season and now after one good game he's better than De Jong? Do me a favor mate.
This is a bold face lie. I have equally watched every Madrid game, and he is class in anytime he gets on. I mean it is really hard to be shaite playing for Madrid anyways, considering they are dominant in 90% of their games. But you are lying about Diarra to make a score a cheap point.<br /><br />-- Wed May 04, 2011 11:36 am --<br /><br />
Damocles said:
Don't remember people calling him world class whilst at Pompey, after rejection from Arsenal and Chelsea.

Funny what putting on a Real Madrid shirt will do to your ratings.
Same can be said of De Jong at Ajax and Hamburg, even at City by neutrals- So that line of thought can be applied to all sides. Matter of fact, at the DM position, the team you play for often determines your quality.

Dax777 said:
Stillsy said:
Diarra is shit hot iv always rated him but Nige is the better player for me.

I dont remember the last time Nige mistimed a tackle!
Really?

-- Wed May 04, 2011 11:33 am --

Griff93 said:
What I will say is that I've been watching Madrid and City all season and De Jong is by far the better, more consistent player. Diarra has been shite for most of the season and now after one good game he's better than De Jong? Do me a favor mate.
This is a bold face lie. I have equally watched every Madrid game, and he is class in anytime he gets on. I mean it is really hard to be shaite playing for Madrid anyways, considering they are dominant in 90% of their games. But you are lying about Diarra to make a score a cheap point.

-- Wed May 04, 2011 11:36 am --

Damocles said:
Don't remember people calling him world class whilst at Pompey, after rejection from Arsenal and Chelsea.

Funny what putting on a Real Madrid shirt will do to your ratings.
Same can be said of De Jong at Ajax and Hamburg, even at City by neutrals- So that line of thought can be applied to all sides. Matter of fact, at the DM position, the team you play for often determines your quality.

You should really give up you know nothing about football and just embarrass yourself with your arguments.

typical city fan said:
Dax777 said:
I am sory TCF, but this is whiny stuff. Who hates our players?
And for someone who just condemned Sabster's 99% statistic as being pulled out of thin air (which I agree with by the way) it is quite ironic that you think "everyone says you are wrong" care to share where that was plucked from?
Look these are just opinions. And unless you are a child, it isn't so unusual for there to be players on other teams that are better than their city City opposite number.
Messi> Tevez, Ronaldo>Balo, Shrek>Dzeko, Iniesta>Silva, Busquet>Yaya, Mash> Nigel, Neuer> Hart, Cole>Kolarov, Alves>Micah, Pepe>Lescott, SIlva>Kompany. Knowledge of this or statement about it doesn't make me any less of a City fan.

I like my team, but don't have to share the same opinion with a majority of its supporters. They are no more knowledgeable, and group think, is not evidence of correctness. So lets agree to disagree when you don't share my opinion. But lets cut out the fake guilt trip that isn't fooling anyone. Your opinion is no more valid than mine. You can either argue why you hold your opinion or choose not too. Those who do play fair, those who don't try to win by guilt. As if winning was possible.

It is an opinion. Deal!!!!

well for a start, i think there are 3 people on this thread who prefer diarra. but i never said "everyone thinks you are wrong" i said sometimes if everyone is telling you that you are wrong then maybe you are. so take from that what you will.

also i wasn't talking about you in particular because you seem to actually have reasons for things that you say. for people who hate our players i would refer you to the irish posters who continually write shit about shay being far superior to hart in every way.

and as for calling me whiny and saying that i'm trying to guilt trip people. really? if that's how you see it then whatever. i'm just sick of reading the same people saying the same things about the same players. if you feel guilty about that then i don't actually care but i would be very surprised.
have an opinion fine but don't try and force it down my throat (not aimed at you in particular) i like to keep an open mind and maybe ndj isn't the best in the world. but he's the best in the uk. i hope some of the people who don't like him keep their minds just a little open.
Fair enough! My apologies then. :)

jft20b said:
watched some of the game last night...

you talk about this "level" that diarra played at and if de jong did that regualry he could be the best...

seems like many other people i failed to see what diarra did last night, that he de jong doesnt do every game.. infact from what i saw... i dont think that diarra was that good at all.. gave the ball away on numerous occasions.. once noticeably to messi which lead to the shot from villa and the good save.

You talk of a world class performance but from what i saw it was far from world class. he didnt dominate in defence... key for a dm, you see game after game, de jong dominate middle battles, with tackles and aggresion, he may not play the ball aswell as diarra, probably down to our extremely slow build up play. but as for dominating the midfield, you see de jong purely by having other midfielders in his pocket because they know as soon as they get the ball he is on them like a rash and they go into there shell and dont want the ball, that is why he is the best at his job..

Cummon - that simply isn't true.

Diarra pressured the opposition in a way I have never seen De Jong do - De Jong effectively plays as the 3rd CB - whereas Diarra was sprinting and putting pressure on everyone. Furthermore no-one could outrun Diarra - De Jong can be though and that is the main difference - his athleticism (and his ability on the ball)

Josh Blue said:
This clearly a wind up and i cant believe how many people have fallen for it, I bet Sabster is having a right laugh at everyones expense!

I am honestly not - I used to rate De Jong highly and buy into the hype until a few of mates asked me what he actually did. I watched him and studied what he did. He makes these 1 or 2 block buster tackles a game (which everyone remembers) but does very little else.

Russ218 said:
Sabster. Maybe you should watch Manchester City vs. Portsmouth 21-09-2008. I think you may change your mind.

Ok I will.

Edit:

Thats was the 6-0, 1 month before De Jong signed - I don't really understand the point being made.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.