Last Film You Saw

TangerineSteve17 said:
stony said:
TangerineSteve17 said:
Man, the most cringe-worthy part was when McCloud comes out with "It's a kind of magic" - Not even relevant, completely unrelated to the conversation.
I mean Ok there are a lot of Queen songs in it, but bloody hell.

He'd just had a full 32 round clip from a Schmeiser sub machine gun emptied into his back and the little girl asked him "why are you still alive?" He could have tried explaining to a 6-year-old about being immortal and waiting for 'the gathering' where he and the other immortals would fight for 'the prize.'
But with a shitload of Nazis breathing down his neck he simply said, "it's a kind of magic".
Not only is it extremely fucking relevant, it's also a cheeky nod to the album which contained most of the soundtrack.

:) so you do know the film pretty well.

But I wasn't talking about that scene. The fucker says it twice. He says it again when he leaves his shrine room when little girl Rachel is all grown up and he's about to do the final battle. I mean, yeah, it's the same little girl, and he winks, but it irrelevant this time. That's the scene I meant.

They were his first words to her, and it obviously meant something to them both. Have you no soul?

oops, I forgot you were a ginge ;-)

TangerineSteve17 said:
stony said:
TangerineSteve17 said:
Man, the most cringe-worthy part was when McCloud comes out with "It's a kind of magic" - Not even relevant, completely unrelated to the conversation.
I mean Ok there are a lot of Queen songs in it, but bloody hell.

He'd just had a full 32 round clip from a Schmeiser sub machine gun emptied into his back and the little girl asked him "why are you still alive?" He could have tried explaining to a 6-year-old about being immortal and waiting for 'the gathering' where he and the other immortals would fight for 'the prize.'
But with a shitload of Nazis breathing down his neck he simply said, "it's a kind of magic".
Not only is it extremely fucking relevant, it's also a cheeky nod to the album which contained most of the soundtrack.

:) so you do know the film pretty well.

But I wasn't talking about that scene. The fucker says it twice. He says it again when he leaves his shrine room when little girl Rachel is all grown up and he's about to do the final battle. I mean, yeah, it's the same little girl, and he winks, but it irrelevant this time. That's the scene I meant.

you've let me down boys.

6953049027_40422825db_z.jpg

foetus said:
I think Stony will defend this movie to the death

Damn right. It has many flaws, the accents, the special effects, the dated fight scenes, more plot holes than an episode of Albion Market. However, it is more than the sum of its parts. A true cult classic. Whoever made the sequels and the appalling spin-off series wants fucking with a big dog.

You're right, annoyingly. But to save some face I will say this: It wasn't his first words was it? He asks what her name is and how she is before quoting Freddie.

So we'll call it a draw. I'll overlook the ginge comment. Only because I am not really a ginge and I can't think anything clever to say.

TangerineSteve17 said:
You're right, annoyingly. But to save some face I will say this: It wasn't his first words was it? He asks what her name is and how she is before quoting Freddie.

So we'll call it a draw. I'll overlook the ginge comment. Only because I am not really a ginge and I can't think anything clever to say.

I think in the context of their 50+ year relationship, it can be pretty much filed under 'first words'

TCIB said:
birdman, into the woods, all the top films just got leaked on dvdscr.

American Sniper, Unbroken, Imitiation Games too. Basically all the Oscar contenders as well as a few others. My weekend sorted :)

American Sniper - very good, has a bit of a hurt locker feel about it.

8.7/10

I should note i ignore the politics and if he was actually a blood thirsty unhinged killing machine in real life.
Just as a film with action in it i enjoyed it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.