Last Film You Saw

All quiet western front

Brutal . Depressing. Ultimately pointless.

3 million dead for no territory gain in 4 years

Good film and from a young Germans perspective

8/10
All those young mainly working class lads, teenagers, slaughtered for no gain. Lads that left their families never to return. Cannon fodder for the powers that be.

Get over the top (to certain death in the cold mud) or be shot by your own CO as a traitor.

All those young mainly working class lads, teenagers, slaughtered for no gain. Lads that left their families never to return. Cannon fodder for the powers that be.

Get over the top (to certain death in the cold mud) or be shot by your own CO as a traitor.
The Ukraine thread is that way --->

I thought it went just over silly for me. The scientist had no lines or backstory really which in retrospect was odd. Like you I preferred Knives Out. 5/10
Agree. I just finished watching it with my family. We all concurred Knives Out was better, in my mind a fair degree better. I wasn't a big fan of the deus ex machina in this film, though it occurs early enough on that I guess I can forgive it, sort of, and the red herrings were very red. A lot of good lines and funny performances, though, especially Kate Hudson. Madelyn Cline is, shall we say, quite attractive. Some cute cameos too and a lot of unknowingly timely references given the meltdown of Mr. Musk. 6/10.

Last edited:
The Duke and Phantom of the Open, both true stories starring a two great actor Jim Broadbent and Mark Rylance, feel good and funny films 7.5/10 for both from me.

I watched Aftersun last night. It felt a very real look at a struggle with mental health, thought it was a great film.

Also highly recommend The Banshees of Inisherin.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.