Last Film You Saw

Recorded "Clerks" the other night, watched it loads. Probably 25
In a row?!

tu3xhUI.gif

Top Gun Maverick. Quite enjoyed it, although I do like Tom Cruise films. How they film scenes in those planes without going dizzy I don’t know. 8/10 for those scenes alone.

True Grit
John Wayne, Glen Campbell.

Decided to watch the original again. For me it's just as good as the re-make. In some ways I prefer John Wayne's Rooster Cogburn than Jeff Bridges. I can certainly understand his words better :)
But both excellent.
8.1/10 for both.

Last edited:
'Threads'

Rotten Tomatoes gave it 100%

need I say more ...

Moggy I can't bring myself to like this, as it really traumatized me as a kid. The day after it was on, the bleeding headmaster made us watch it again at assembly.

Nearly 40 years old still fking grim as hell. There wa an American TV movie The Day After which apparently really shit up Reagan and made him determined to sign arms reduction treaties. It's overblown and lacks the immediacy of Threads.

I think this and the Raymond Briggs animation When the Wind Blows are as powerful and eloquent anti war statements as anything a politician would ever say. Hard to really explain to people these days just how real the threat of nuclear war was back then. I mean there'd be items on nw tonight of some random bloke in Cumbria building his very own fallout shelter FFS! Or the video to Dancing with tears in my eyes?

Mind you October 1962 gave it a run for it's money and we should be grateful to JFK that the world didn't end then. 13 days is a brilliant film on the subject with Kevin Costner.

Any how, I'm off to fight for dwindling resources in a post apocalyptic landscape, or at least I will be when I venture to Denton Lidl tomorrow!

Recorded "Clerks" the other night, looking forward to watching it over the weekend, watched it loads when it first came out, absolutely loved it. Probably 25 years since I last saw it, so hoping it hasn't aged badly
It still holds up.

Theyve just recently brought out a 3rd one but i don't think i can put myself through it.

Coherence (2013)

AQcDtDa.jpg

Source
: Amazon Prime

Plot: Eight friends at a dinner party experience a troubling chain of events due to a malevolent influence of a passing comet.

Without giving too much away, if you like sci-fi thrillers like Timecrimes (2007), Triangle (2009) & Predestination (2014), with themes of dopplegangers, multiverse, time-bending mindf*cks, murder & mayhem, then this lo-fi budget film is right up your street, get it watched!

Score: 8/10

Trivia: The directors didn't give the actors any scripts or tell them what events were about to unfold in the movie so that they could film their genuine reactions as they ratchet up the tension.

Last edited:
Saw The Menu last week.

Absolutely hilarious, loved it. Trailer is quite misleading.

I enjoyed it too.

Ralph Fiennes and Anya Taylor-Joy were particularly good in it. Fairly predictable outcome, accurate social commentary but overall just good fun.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.