Last Film You Saw

Marlowe
Disappointing, not an awful film, just disappointing. It looks pretty good, but just seems like Jordan has a different film in mind to a gumshoe one, possibly thinking he's making The Third Man without zithers or Vienna or a charismatic character to hang the whole thing on.

Why? A relentlessly slow pace that barely changes with almost no excitement in it, Neeson coming over as Costner playing Bogart (he's just not seedy enough to be a noir PI, and not established as being a PI to the stars, but does have an Irish police sidekick!), the femmes fatales don't convince at all, especially Kruger. weird and strange musical choices for the score which don't add anything. If you're going noir, go noir, don't just follow someone around.

Killer Elite (Stratham, De Niro, Clive Owen) based very loosely on the Fiennes non-fiction book “The Feather Men.”

Some decent fight scenes and period motors within a decent premise. The “Sheikh” was a bit pathetic (almost a blackface impression!), and I’ve never really found Clive Owen believable as a hard man…more a sneaky, snide bastard a la Inside Man or Bourne Assassin. De Niro seems miscast, but Statham does a good Statham and, as his love interest, Yvonne Strahovski, plays well in her native tongue.

Feels like it would have been better if it had revolved around the supposed original story, but I’ve always found Russians a better movie enemy than comic book Arabs!

Lastly, never quite understood why assassins never kill the arch enemy and allow them to come back at them over and over, even in a supposed fight to the death?! I guess that’s why they call it “the movies!”

Just watching Unhinged. I'm rooting for the Russell Crowe character (she was rude to him, the poor man). But it doesn't take a genius to guess who probably "wins" in the end!

Cosmos (2019) on Prime Video.

Three scientists receive radio signals from an unidentified source whilst doing a bit of stargazing.

Not bad, slow in places. 6.5 out of 10.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.