Last Film You Saw

Luther: Fallen Sun. 5/10. Easy watching, you know what you're going to get, but a bit shit all round.

Every, Everywhere, All at Once. 8/10. Very creative, extremely visually impressive and lots of thought gone into it. The allegory might be buried a bit deep. Frantic, intense, probably over-long for the style. Can see why it splits opinion, but i really enjoyed it. Not sure it deserved all the oscars but gongs dont mean that much.

Cosmos (2019) on Prime Video.

Three scientists receive radio signals from an unidentified source whilst doing a bit of stargazing.

Not bad, slow in places. 6.5 out of 10.
I gave this a go after you mentioning it. I like realistic sci-fi things like this.

I agree 6.5/10 is a fair score.

Is a bit slow paced at first and if I wasn’t into the subject it would be a bit of a slog. Also has a fair few cheesy bits and the dramatic music doesn’t do it any favours.

But, I enjoyed it. Never heard of it till you said, so thanks.

Last edited:
Added two more to the list of classics I need to catch up on last night.

Reservoir Dogs. I admit I went in with high expectations, being told it was even better than Pulp Fiction (which currently stands as my favourite so far), and so it's not really the film's fault that I was disappointed. Still a very enjoyable watch and I respect how well-made it is, but I didn't connect with it in the same way I connected with PF.

Forrest Gump - Not sure how to feel. It seems that some people think it's one of the best films ever made and half think it's overrated, sentimental crap, and I can see where both sides are coming from. I enjoyed it but it didn't blow me away. It's certainly one of those films where, when the credits are rolling you're thinking how great it was - but the more you think about it the next day, the more it goes down in your estimations.

Got round to watching The Batman.

It's... okay, but nothing special.
It felt like a miniseries released as one (too) long piece, and wasn't helped by the two leads not being very charismatic or memorable. Pattinson particularly barely had to stretch himself to do anything apart from pretend to be punched a lot.

Got round to watching The Batman.

It's... okay, but nothing special.
It felt like a miniseries released as one (too) long piece, and wasn't helped by the two leads not being very charismatic or memorable. Pattinson particularly barely had to stretch himself to do anything apart from pretend to be punched a lot.
Yep, not a patch on the Nolan films. Ended up just another serial killer film. Got bored half way through

Yep, not a patch on the Nolan films. Ended up just another serial killer film. Got bored half way through

I wasn't thinking of comparing iterations, but the villain has to be half-decent.

Oddly, I don't think I've seen any of the Nolan trilogy, something I should sort out at some point.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.