Last Film You Saw

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
Pride - 8/10

Great cast, excellent script and some brilliant performances.... I didn't know what to expect, to be fair it's what makes the film so enjoyable, the message within it is one and the same!!!

Saw this last year - it was my favourite film of 2014.

Only God Forgives

The same combination as in Drive with Ryan Gosling and Nicolas Refn directing but it doesn't quite work as well.

The film uses similar sound and visual effects to create the depth and darkness and it's good. There are also Tarentino style scenes of violence where it's all very artistic and sadistic. The film though is just that little bit too weird and fails to adequately depict any true sense of story or vengeance. Instead the ending is all very suggestive and odd and you finish watching it left with shock from the violence and a question mark over what was really going on.

The Wildest Dream - 9/10
Documentary film about George Mallory's attempt to summit Everest decades before Hillary and puts to the test could himself and Irvine actually made it to the summit before dying on the mountain. Brilliant watch, these guys when you see the equipment they had and what they were up against....it truely boggles the mind how you would even contemplate it?. Made of different stuff back then they were.

Wio Gumflapdinand said:
The Wildest Dream - 9/10
Documentary film about George Mallory's attempt to summit Everest decades before Hillary and puts to the test could himself and Irvine actually made it to the summit before dying on the mountain. Brilliant watch, these guys when you see the equipment they had and what they were up against....it truely boggles the mind how you would even contemplate it?. Made of different stuff back then they were.

I remember hearing of this film in the news articles when Natasha Richardson died, but had forgotten about it since. Always been fascinated by Mallory etc so will try and get to see it.
Thanks for the reminder ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.