Last Film You Saw

nimrod said:
TCIB said:
Dawn of the dead (1978) on BBC1 now, can start it from scratch on iplayer.
Great film imo.

that word 'great' is so overused these days

average is better

Well no, i think it is great, you may think it average.
I like the zombie genre a lot and will happily conceed and ignore the terrible make up effects hehe

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2535470/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2535470/</a>

Looks like it has great promise if you want a decent crazy b type movie.

Rampage was the last top notch b-movie i saw.

The Railway Man and Still Alice - 2 very moving films in completely different ways

The Guest

Enjoyed it---7.5/10.

And having watched the first series of Downton Abbey I didn't even recognise the lead actor until it was pointed out to me who it was. A major transformation and he was really good in it.

mackenzie said:
Wio Gumflapdinand said:
The Wildest Dream - 9/10
Documentary film about George Mallory's attempt to summit Everest decades before Hillary and puts to the test could himself and Irvine actually made it to the summit before dying on the mountain. Brilliant watch, these guys when you see the equipment they had and what they were up against....it truely boggles the mind how you would even contemplate it?. Made of different stuff back then they were.

I remember hearing of this film in the news articles when Natasha Richardson died, but had forgotten about it since. Always been fascinated by Mallory etc so will try and get to see it.
Thanks for the reminder ;-)

Great call. i will definitely watch this. I am hooked with anything Everest, and the fact that Mallory was a Cheshire boy (Mobberley), brings it all closer to home.

I watched a documentary where Mallory stated he would put a photograph of his wife on top of Everest and the fact that when his body was found there was no photograph on his person, some people suggest that he did indeed make it. But i'm sure this will be mentioned in the film :-)

Yeah The Guest was so refreshingly not what i expected. I say that as it was not original as almost every storyline has been done at one time or another but very "fresh" as i had a pre conceived idea of the plot.

TCIB said:
Yeah The Guest was so refreshingly not what i expected. I say that as it was not original as almost every storyline has been done at one time or another but very "fresh" as i had a pre conceived idea of the plot.

The lead actor is very good, isn't he? Was amazed when I found out who it was. Kudos to him for not wanting to be stereotyped.

Yeah, i have a total man crush on that character, i was literally jumping up shouting "YES, FUCKING SPOT ON MATE" at some scenes which you can probably guess.
I do not watch the drama he was/is in so my opinion is from a blank sheet mackenzie.
That performance will get him bigger roles in Hollywood i think. Very few films have me so "onside" with a character and/or the actor.

I won't say to much for risk of spoilers but my gauge is "would he be a good wing man on a night out on the town" and he defo would be.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.