Last Film You Saw

found the film overlong and confusing in parts, flipping back and forth from different times.
Talking of Nolan films flipping back and forth from different times.

On tonight, BBC2 HD @ 23:00 - Memento (2000)

D2tBOcn.jpg

Suffering from short term memory loss after a head injury, Leonard Shelby embarks on a grim quest to find the lowlife who murdered his wife.

Teddy: "Lenny!"

Oppenheimer.

I must admit I was disappointed. I have several books on Oppenheimer and the Trinity./Hiroshima/Nagasaki bombs. and found the film overlong and confusing in parts, flipping back and forth from different times.

No issue with the acting, which was excellent, but (imo) they could have used archive footage of Col Paul Tibbets and The Enola Gay taking off, and footage of the actual bomb blast taken from the B29's.

Well worth watching:-

]

Just got in from watching it and also found it overlong and wasn't really blown away (despite the blast). It was alright, but not sure why it needed to be as long as it was.

Just got in from watching it and also found it overlong and wasn't really blown away (despite the blast). It was alright, but not sure why it needed to be as long as it was.
The length definitely stops me going to see it. If it was 2 hours I'd have booked tickets a couple of weeks ago. Shame really.

Watched Time to Kill for the first time in many years. The cast is ridiculous. Sam Jackson, Matthew McConaughey, Ashley Judd (looking fine), Sandy Bullock (looking finer), Kevin Spacey (uncancelled?), both of the Sutherland's, Oliver Platt, Brenda fricker and her horrific accent, Chris Cooper, Octavia Spencer. All man handled clumsily by Joel Schumacher in a white saviour movie that would not (and should not) be made now.

I enjoyed it. 7/10.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.